18 Questions You STILL Ask Mom, Even If You're, Like, 20 And In College

No one knows more than your mom.

704

Even though you're 21 and may like to think your an independent adult who doesn't need the guidance of your mom anymore, truth is, you need her now more than ever.

1. "When’s *insert anyone in the family's name* birthday?"

Maybe it’s because she’s been celebrating them for a very long time, but moms seem to know the birthday of every uncle, cousin, grandparent, and great-grandparent in the family. So it’s not surprising that when you think cousin John has a birthday coming up, the first person you call is Mom.

2. "Have I ever had chicken pox?"

Life is full of many, many annoying health forms that ask you even more annoying questions, like what diseases you had at a time in your life you were too busy sticking Lego up your nose to notice.

3. "Can I still eat this?"

So you’ve pulled the tub of yogurt out of the fridge and are just about to dive in when you notice the expiry date was three days ago. You’ve got your heart set on it and, honestly, there is nothing else to eat in the fridge—so, if you eat it are you going to die?

4. "What exactly is smart casual? It means no jeans, right?"

Moms know what to wear to events—they’ve been to a few themselves.

5. "What number do I claim on my taxes?"

No matter how many times you fill out tax forms, you never know the answer to this one

6. "What's my social security number?"

Your mom knows every number you're going to ever have to know and for some reason, you can never memorize this 9 digit number even though you've needed to know it for countless amounts of things.

7. "Can you use Windex on anything?"

8. "How do I get stains out of clothes?"

Much less does your mom know that the stain on your clothes is a cup of beer you spilled on yourself after taking a few shots of vodka.

9. "Can you read an email for me before I send it?"

Why proofread something when your mom can just do it for you. She's written plenty of emails so by now she knows how to write perfect ones.

10. "Can you read a cover letter for me before I send it?"

11. "OK, What is a CV?"

You're applying for your dream job and you've got your transcript, resume and cover letter but you can also send in a cv...?

12. "How do you like...learn to cook?"

Still don't know how to do this one.

13. "Should I get a cookbook or something?"

You need all the help that you can get.

14. "Why doesn't my chicken taste like your chicken?"

You thought you cooked a fantastic meal but instead it came out sub-par and you're a little disappointed that you're not the star chef your mom is.

15. "You can't smell carbon monoxide, right?"

You may or may not be having a gas leak in your house, odds are probably not but you still can't help being paranoid about it

16. "How much salt do you put in water before boiling pasta?"

1 spoon? 10 spoons?

17. "Can you can the doctor/dentist and set up an appointment for me"

Your 21 years old and are still scared of awkward phone conversations and would rather just not deal with them.

18. "Can I go back to being a child?"

The ultimate question when you're just done being an adult and want your mom to go back to doing everything for you.