Quarantunes, Analyzed.

Quarantunes, Analyzed.

All our favorite artists are stuck inside, just like us!

26
Quarantunes, Analyzed.

Let's look on the bright side of things--all our favorite artists are stuck inside just like us! And for some of them, they took this as an opportunity to put pen to paper, and bang out some killer Quarantunes. What a bunch of troopers. But just because they did something doesn't mean it's good--geez someone's gotten a little cynical. Let's see what they've done.

Quarantine Clean by Turbo, Gunna, and Young Thug

YouTube

As a pretty big fan of Young Thug, I was disappointed to see his name on this interesting number. If given the choice between either never having to hear Quarantine Clean again and living in lock-down for another month, or having to listen to Quarantine Clean on repeat for the rest of my life and eradicating COVID-19 from the Earth, I'd actually have to give it some serious thought.

Gotta Be Patient by Michael Buble, Barenaked Ladies, and Sofia Reyes

Canadian Beats

This one seems a little patronizing. I think we all know pretty goddamn well that we need to be patient about getting back to our regular lives--I don't need to be told that in the form of a overly cheery song. I see this one getting really annoying, really quickly. It helps a little that when I hear Buble's voice I'm immediately transported to my happy place--Christmas time. Additionally, Sofia Reyes brings this one up a bit because I could listen to her sing all day.

Stuck With U by Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber

YouTube

I worship the ground upon which Justin Bieber places his Drew House slipper, but I'm going to be honest here and say that I was underwhelmed. It's not a bad song, but when combining two pop legends, I think I speak on behalf of the universe when I say we expect more!

Level of Concern by Twenty One Pilots

Reddit

This song is perfect static music. Turn it on when your friends come over, and it will disappear perfectly into the background. That's probably not great to hear if you're Twenty One Pilots, but I just call it like I see it.

Better Days by OneRepublic

YouTube

OneRepublic kinda gives me last-day-of-christian-youth-camp-with-emotionally-charged-prepubescent-children vibes. Buttttt, I actually wouldn't skip this song if it came up. It's an uplifting message and it doesn't make me want to repeatedly slam my head into a wall. That's a win for me with OneRepublic.

6 Feet Apart by Luke Combs

YouTube

I was surprised by this one! The title had me wary that it might be a little cliché, but all and all I think this is an absolute banger. The song it's overly upbeat but it's not a total bummer either--a great happy medium. It also helps that Luke Combs has an incredible voice. Will definitely be adding it to my Yeehaw playlist and shamelessly scream sing along to it while driving play it with all the windows in my car rolled down.

Problems by Bryce Vine

Genius

This might be my favorite song to come out of lock-down. When you start listening to the lyrics you can see the connection to the pandemic, but it's not explicit which I appreciate considering I don't really want to listen to songs that will bring back this traumatic point in my life. Bryce Vine has the voice of an angel, and the chill, acoustic vibe keeps me calm for a solid three and a half minutes.