Quarantini, The Trend That Swept The Nation During Covid-19

Because what else is there to do during an everlasting day?

72

Happy Hour Drinking GIF Giphy

Does the Gif above relate to you? If not this article might be the right way to understand what a "Quarantini" is.

What exactly is a "quarantini"?

During the early spring of 2020, the world had seen an outbreak of COVID-19. This had a worldwide impact on almost every country. During this time we had seen the loss of many jobs and the beginning of the quarantine. Being Stuck indoors 24/7 only surrounded by the people you live with, is enough to drive anyone bonkers. A lot of people had the privilege of working from home, but then there are people such as myself who have been unemployed since late March. So how does one cope with this? The answer is simple, by making a quarantini. A quarantini is when a person drinks almost, if not nearly every night. I had the pleasure of Surveying 11 people on Facebook to see the time of day they were participating in this, the drink of choice, and if they were employed or not. Below is a graph of the survey on Facebook.

The statistics

The survey had also proven that most people had wine as their top choice at 45% and had their beverages at night (which was 100% of the vote). Now, most of the people who took the survey have already had these drinks on a weekly average. The top choice is after work, or before bed.

Drunk Episode 2 GIF by Friends Giphy

Now, why are we doing such a thing during this time?

Elizabeth admits she nips at a glass of whiskey before, and sometimes after, going to the grocery store. It takes the edge off the stressful excursion, she says, but isn't something she'd consider doing outside the confines of coronavirus. Maria took a glass of wine—concealed in a to-go Yeti cup—on a walk with her dog. It was early evening, and she'd already been drinking. Taking the wine with her "was a fun adventure," she says, "because there's no other excitement right now."

We're All Drinking Alone Now - https://www.elle.com/life-love/a32370032/drinking-alone-home-quarantine/

Now I believe we are doing this to kill time and from straight boredom. Because how many times can you listen to your housemates say the same thing throughout each day, and watch the same Netflix show over and over? It gives us an escape from our day to day lives while we wait for the world to reopen.