Quarantine Series: 5 Ways to Stay Productive in Quarantine

Welcome to another blog in the "quarantine series" I decided to do for the next few months since we are all on lock down and do not know what is going on!

11
Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash

If you read my other blogs, you know my story. I did an eleven-month mission trip to eleven different countries. I lived in Africa for four of the months. I partnered with ministries based out of refugee settlements and ministries that were 3 hours away from the nearest city or store. My months in Africa felt a lot like this, but luckily I have a bed and a shower now.

When I was going into this quarantine, I knew exactly what I had to do to stay sane. I want to share what I did and what I am doing now to see if it will help you get out of the social distancing blues. I have seen so many people say they are just going to sit around, relax, and catch up on TV. Well, I did that in Africa (yes we had Netflix) and it hurt me for the worst. I am getting vulnerable but I experienced another level of sadness and loneliness I have never felt before.

I think this is a beautiful time to get stuff done, accomplish some goals, and come out better than you were before. Hopefully, my story and tips will help you!

Limited Phone Time

Photo by Oleg Magni on Unsplash

Create boundaries with your phone. Sometimes, it is good to disconnect from the world to reconnect with yourself.

Delegated TV Time

Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash

Netflix can be dangerous so do not watch every show on the TV. Use your time better..... but first, finish Elite and Money Heist.

Morning + Night Routines

Photo by Nika Akin on Unsplash

I have my morning and night routines written down and attached to my mirror so I can start developing habits since I have all the time in the world.

Daily + Master To Do Lists

Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash

I have my daily to do lists (working out, reading a book, homework, etc.) and my master list (finish a website, clean out things for Goodwill, etc.).

Incentives

Photo by Kaleidico on Unsplash

My prize for getting through another day of social distancing? My favorite ice cream, buying a new movie, etc. Treat YOSELF.