Qualified To Be Unqualified

Qualified To Be Unqualified

How the Holy Spirit moves in us.

31
Qualified To Be Unqualified
danielodowd.tumblr.com

I never feel qualified. Each Saturday (and in this case, Thursday) I wake up early to begin a new article. I remember when I first began writing for The Odyssey, I was afraid I would never have enough topics at hand. Sure, I could write of my own experiences, but that only goes so far. I have lived a mere 19 years on this planet, and I have only accumulated a minuscule amount of knowledge.

But that was me relying on my own strength. Simply put, God knew what He was doing. Through a friend's encouragement, He pushed me to begin writing. And so I began. I wrote about things that mattered to me, things that I was passionate about and cared deeply for. I wrote about people, emotions and music. He places certain things close to our hearts all for a reason. And, God has proven Himself ever-faithful.

Dear friends, it is not about the amount of talent, the amount of strength, or the amount of knowledge you possess. It is not about perfection. It is about a willing heart.God uses those who come to Him in faith. As stated in previous articles, we are merely vessels.

Here is one thing we so often forget, "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you." (Romans 8:11). The same spirit that comes upon us when we receive precious life from Jesus Himself dwells in us. He doesn't simply show up for afternoon tea or to tell us of our error, He makes His home inside of our souls. This is the same spirit that healed the blind, the lame, and reversed and destroyed death itself. Please, let that resonate deeply with you.

I give it to Him. I write because God is working. I write because God is moving and breathing, alive and well. I am a tool, and it is He would deserves every glory. And that's just it. This isn't by me, this isn't about me. It never has been.

But what if we simply had a spirit that eagerly said, "Here I am! Send me." (Isaiah 6:8). That's all we need. God is faithful, and will see you through. If He can break the curse of sin and death itself, He will see to it that you, with all the beautiful gifts you've been given, will bring Him honor and praise.

Do not let fear hold you back. Please, this is crucial. So many times in my life, and still to this day, I let fear command me. Instead of the gentle and righteous voice of the Spirit moving me, I allow fear's cruel hand to cripple my joys and my passions. Fear will silence you, dear friends, but the Spirit of God will allow you to shout farther and louder with capacities you never even knew you possessed.

As I sat in church, what I've learned recently about the Holy Spirit is this; we can do extraordinary things if we simply give our lives to Him. He takes us as we are, brokenness and sin, and uses it all to His profound glory. This is something I cannot comprehend, though it rings true even still.

He will give you the words to say. He will give you power, He will lead you. We must simply ask all of this in His name. We must die to our earthly desires, as the heart at times wants what is wicked, wants what will divert our profound calling.

It's okay to feel unfit. It is okay to feel afraid, bewildered and even a little confused. Our faith rings true when we step out into the foggy face of uncertainty, when we place our heart into the hands that whispered our names as they hung the stars. You are qualified to be unqualified.