Public Service Announcement: Gold And Silver For $10

"Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be."

25
pxhere

All right, I never actually owned a copy of Pokémon Gold or Silver as a tyke, but the Silver version still holds a place in my heart from my early childhood. I borrowed it for a while from my cousin and played it on my Game Boy Advance SP, and I loved it. I missed out on the Game Boy Color or original Game Boy Advance experience (besides short turns on my cousins' devices), and Silver felt old even back then, just a few years after its release, but it was a mystifying experience.

Some of you might already know. Some of you definitely don't care. But I think it's worth mentioning that Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver have been available on the 3DS Virtual Console eShop since September 22nd. Woah! Crystal has yet to be released, and if you missed it, Red, Blue, and Yellow have been available for a while now. Silver and Gold are just $10, and I'll be purchasing my download of (probably) the latter some time soon.

HeartGold and SoulSilver back in 2010 were a little disappointing. I got SoulSilver, and while I enjoyed playing it, it wasn't quite the true Silver experience. There were some great upgrades of course, but even then, not quite 13 years of age, I wanted that nostalgia. Now I think I can capture it (pun intended) and use it to battle my friends (because 90s kids love nostalgia; it's a verified fact).

You're probably really busy. So am I. But nostalgia. Gold; Silver; Pokémon. It's Japanese, dudes and dudettes. You need this in your life. Trust me, you do. Whether you actually played the games from their giant colored cartridges or not. (Oh, and if you don't have a 2DS or 3DS already, I believe you can buy a plain 2DS at Walmart for $80. You're welcome.)