Pros And Cons Of "Gilmore Girls" From An Avid Fan

A Rory-inspired list of all the good and bad things about the early-2000's TV series

432
YouTube

After watching this series through a second (and partly third...) time, there are several great and annoying things I've noticed.

1. Pro: Gilmore Girls is a fun and funny show

There is something to laugh at in each episode; whether at Lorelai being crazy, Michel's "done with people" attitude, Emily's pettiness, the list goes on. The series is a true RomCom.

2. Con: Everyone is always arguing

Literally. All. The. Time. Arguments between mothers and daughters, friends, boyfriends, husbands, and even pets. The characters are arguing and yelling in every scene aside from the ones where Rory is studying or making out with someone.

3. Pro: The show has a lot of character development

We get to see Jess become more mature, Emily and Lorelai begin to solve their issues towards the end, and relationships blossom.

4. Con: The theme song

When I first started watching, I liked the theme song. Now, I am very thankful for the mute button on my remote.

5. Pro: The show is relaxing

There are almost no physical fights, no scenes that leave you crying for hours, and no gross factors. It is a gentle and relaxing show to binge on.

6. Con: The singing

I will have the "la la"s in my head for hours after watching an episode.

7. Pro: The small town vibe

Stars Hollow is an adorable little town that has a lot of character and activities.

8. Con: Everyone is an extrovert

Everyone likes to socialize and be in public. You rarely see a character who is not a socialite.

9. Pro: The show is predictable, but not to a fault

You can predict what will happen in the series, but there are still quite a few surprising moments.

10. Con: The pettiness

Everyone. Is. Petty. This adds a very annoying factor into the series.

11. Pro: The characters are relatable

Each fan can find someone they like and relate to.

12. Con: The characters are constantly backstabbing each other

Episode summary: character A does something behind character B's back. Character B finds out about it and proceeds to do something behind character A's back. Repeat.

13. Pro: There are several great references

From 80's bands and movies to classic oldies' hits to book references, the characters are always making some sort of reference that most everyone knows and finds funny.