An Honest List Of Pros And Cons Of Having A Parents' Weekend In College

Take these for all they're worth because they're all true and you know it.

698

Family Weekend of college is always a glorious time: you're finally settled into the school year and you really start to miss your family. Along comes family weekend to bring your loved ones to your neck of the woods in college. With this nice visit, comes some pros and cons; sit back, relax, and enjoy the list (because I know you're thinking some of the same things).

Pros:

1. They take you and your broke friends out to dinner.

2. They ask you to show them around campus, which makes you feel like some bad-ass tour guide college-extraordinaire.

3. They take you to the grocery store to stock up on things you've already run out of.

4. They meet your friends' parents and all go a little HAM at the football game tailgate.

5. Drunk parents are funny (see above).

6. When they get new spirit gear at the campus bookstore, you'll probably get new spirit gear at the campus bookstore.

6. They fill up your gas tank.

7. Your mom's FB friends say "It looks like she's loving college!!!" on her posts which makes you feel better about yourself.

8. They tell you that they're proud of you.

Cons:

1. Your friends may start to think they're cooler than you.

2. So. Many. Pictures.

3. Eventually, you'll have to drop them off at the airport and they'll leave you all over again. And then you might wonder why you chose to go to a college so far away from your parents and dog and little brother and favorite ice cream place. But then you'll remember that they told you they're so proud of the woman you're becoming and they're so happy about the life you're making for yourself. And even though watching them walk into the airport from your rearview mirror really sucks and the rest of the people driving around you are looking at you weird for crying in your car, family weekend is always worth it.

P.S. Winter Break isn't that far away.

Miss y'all already.

XOXO,

Tay