Progress Is Progress, No Matter How Big, No Matter How Small
Life Stages

Progress is progress even if it takes you longer than someone else.

609

If there's anything I have learned over the years, it is that progress is progress.

It is defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as, "...to move forward, proceed, to develop to a higher, better, or more advanced stage."

Everyone can set goals to achieve, but everyone may get to their destination or end goals at different times than others. For some people, it takes days or weeks. For others, it may take months or years. That is OK. Each person has a different life and will go through different stages, obstacles, etc. You can progress at your own pace. The key is to be proud of you and see how far you have come from day one.

"Dream your own dreams, achieve your own goals. Your journey is your own and unique." ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

I have learned everyone has a different definition of what progress is or means to them. I decided to ask within my creator team what progress is in their life and how they define it. I got to read the responses and was able to see each person had put their own "twist" to the meaning of progress in their eyes.

"Progress, for me, is something that's not entirely noticeable until you look back on where you started and realized how far you have come to your goal." — Meredith Perniciaro
"Progress, to me, is like tiny victories. You haven't like completed the whole goal, but you're getting closer." — Diana Rodriguez
"Umm I would say progress is definietly rewarding at the end goal, and it's more patience then the actual work itself." — Anna Polo
"I think progress as a movement in the right direction, no matter how big or small." — Sarah Nele

What is progress for you may be different for what someone considers progress for themselves, and that is OK too. I love watching people "progress" in their lives and hearing about their journies. To see them so proud of how far they came despite obstacles or hardship is truly amazing. There are some people you meet in your life, and you may never believe where they started out, but you know through their dedication and hard work, they progressed and achieved their goals.