To me, there is nothing worse than being stuck at home feeling like you don't have anything to do.

Sure, you could go out, but you know just as well as I do that your "quick trip" to Target will turn into a 3-hour shopping spree. Ultimately leaving your bank account in tears. Sometimes it's just safer for your budget (which also has a direct link to your sanity) to stay at home.

But as I said, there is nothing worse than being stuck at home with nothing to do. But in all honesty, we keep saying that we don't have anything to do, but realistically the opportunities are endless when it comes to household activities. We just never want to take the initiative to work on them because they can often be viewed as "chores."

Chores are just a part of life, and they should be done regardless of whether you're bored or not. Oh, and the best part is that oftentimes they're inexpensive!

1. Clean your room

clean closet

You and I both know that you've got tons of clutter and junk that you need to get rid of anyways.

Oh, and the best part is that if you're feeling up to it you can even go further into the house! I know I never make it that far, but I'm sure the kitchen cabinets/pantry could use a clean-out.

2. Work in your garden

garden

And if you don't have one then maybe it's time to change that.

3. Take on your basement/garage

clean closet

If your family is anything like mine then the basement or the garage is the first place that comes to mind when you need a storage area for junk. Those areas are storing years worth of things that you know you don't really need.

4. Wash your car

wash car

I am ashamed to admit that I can't even remember the last time I washed my car, and trust me, it shows.

5. Mend your clothing

sewing machine

Maybe you need to sew that tear in your dress, bleach the white shoes that aren't so white anymore, or iron the jeans that have been hanging in the laundry room for months.

Everyone has at least one item of clothing that they've put back to tend to on a rainy day. Today is your rainy day.

6. Work out

work out

You're supposed to exercise at least 30 minutes a day anyway. I know I sure don't, but it definitely wouldn't hurt you if you tried it.

7. Take up scrapbooking

photo album

You can determine how much money you want to put into a craft like this, but it doesn't have to get expensive, and it's so much fun.

You'll thank yourself later for decluttering what once was a box of old photos and turning it into a beautiful, well-organized keepsake that can be passed on for generations to come.

8. Read a book

read

The Bible would be a great start, but honestly, you could read a book about vampires and it'll still be good for you. Reading is a great way to exercise your mind.

9. Watch a movie

watch movie

I know I said "productive," but as a movie buff, I find it very important to keep up with the entertainment industry.