5 Ways To Be Productive For An Entire Year

4. Set goals

44
Pexels/Kaboompics

If you’re like me, you admire those people who always seem to have their lives together. You know the type: they never show up to class like the disheveled mess you seem to be, they always have an organized life and their face radiates warmth and happiness–rather than the obvious lack of sleep that your dark circles convey. Well this year you can be one of those people if you follow these five steps:

1. Use your agenda

Stop rolling your eyes at this piece of advice. It works. Get a cute one that will hold up; make sure that the coils of the agenda aren’t exposed so they don’t get caught on strings in your bookbag. Write down your assignments the moment you here it and check things off once you’ve done them. Crossing them off is as satisfying as it is helpful.

2. Download Google Calendar

It is much prettier than the one that comes on your phone, and you can access it on your laptop as well. That way if you’re typing notes in class and you need to write down an important date, you can do it right there without sneaking your phone out.

3. Wake up at the same time every day

It will seriously revolutionize the way you do your day. Waking up ten minutes earlier can give you time to truly savor your mornings–giving you the opportunity to add something to your morning routine like yoga or brewed coffee.

4. Set goals

Long-term and short-term goals have been proven to provide sustainable motivation in what you want to accomplish. Short-term goals can be as easy as trying to work on homework for a straight hour or work out every day for a week. Long-term goals can just be a continuous dedication to putting forth effort in your day-to-day life!

5. Go to the library weekly

Just being in the library can make you feel forced to do work that you would probably procrastinate if you just laid in bed all day.

I started really trying to be productive during my second semester of last year and these things are my holy grails. They stop me from being forgetful but also prevent me from becoming complacent with where I am. Let me know if you guys have any tips that worked for you!