I Am Not Pro-Abortion, I Am Pro-Choice And There Is A Difference

I Am Not Pro-Abortion, I Am Pro-Choice and there is a difference

There is a difference.

52
abortion protest

I am someone who is very passionate about politics. It is nearly impossible to avoid political topics when becoming a friend of mine.

I also share my views through writing and I am very open about them. I don't care who sees my views because it won't change them.

One political topic that comes up is the abortion debate. I am a member of the Pro-Choice community. Being Pro-Choice often gets missed labeled as Pro-Abortion, but there are major differences between the two.

As someone who is Pro-Choice, I do not want everyone to have an abortion or want to coerce women into having them. I simply support their right to choose.

They have the right to decide what happens to their body, whether it is having an abortion or simply taking a form of birth control. Wanting a woman to have an abortion and wanting her to have the option of one are two completely different ballparks.

I believe women should have the freedom to choose what happens to them. That does not mean I want abortions or would have one myself. All it means is I believe they have a right to a choice.

I am Pro-Choice for many reasons. I believe that banning abortions will not make them go away. I think it will just lead to an increase in maternal injuries or deaths from self or illegal abortions.

There are so many circumstances where abortions can save the mother, not just physically, but mentally as well. A woman who discovers the life she is about to bring into the world won't last past a minute in it should not have to carry to full term.

There is also the argument that a baby should not come into the world unwanted. I always see the Pro-Life community argue back that there is always adoption.

Well, now Republicans are trying to pass a bill that allows adoption agencies to deny the LQBTQ community the right to adopt. Republicans are so set on banning abortions and making people have children. They just don't care what happens to those children when they are born.

There was a reason this topic was already decided in Roe v. Wade. I hear so many people say that it is such an old precedent and should be rediscussed. I wonder if they know how old the Constitution is or how old half the precedents they support are.

I am Pro-Choice. I believe in every woman's right to choose. Whether that entails her right to birth control or her right to an abortion. It is and should be her right.