Not Marrying Until 30

I’m Probably Not Going To Get Married Until My 30s And That’s OK

There’s a plan for all of us, marriage just isn’t in mine yet.

112
Wedding flowers

I have always been school and work oriented. Thinking about what I can do to further push myself to get into the career I want to do. Taking the classes necessary to do my best on future tests and making my resume the best it can be. While I have been active in the dating scene, I have kept the idea of marriage on the back burner. It's not the most important life event on my mind and that is OK.

I have known so many girls who have been dreaming of their wedding. Planning it out to T in their Pinterest boards. From the dress to the food to the venue and even down to the color theme or exact number of flowers in their bouquet. Sure, I've watched my fair share of "Friday is Bride Day" on TLC, but I've never put much thought into my own planning. Though I have had the thought of not doing a whole wedding ceremony and using that money towards a nice vacation. I would love to go back to Japan again, especially with someone who I was wanting to spend the rest of my life with.

Even if it comes to the time I am getting married, it would most likely be when I am in my 30 or at least extremely close to it. I want to finish most if not all of my schooling. I am just a year away from starting my Master's program and am toying around with the idea of getting a Ph.D. to further my career opportunities.

I am not going to let anything get in my way of completing my goals.

Because if I come to the point of marriage, I want to be financially ready for it. I don't want a wedding ceremony put me in possible debt, school is already doing that enough. I don't want to spend the first several months with the one I love worrying about how to make ends meet, living paycheck to paycheck, wondering how we will be able to survive.

I want to start off a marriage with the least amount of worries possible. To be able to fully enjoy a new life together. To be able to live peacefully within our means and maybe splurge here or there. To know our life will be how we want it, to the best of our abilities.

Just because I plan on getting married late, does not mean my life is currently incomplete or will not be as fulfilling as someone else. There is no wrong or right way to live your life. There is no wrong or right way how your life events play out. You just need to move at the beat of your own drum.