Princess, You Saved Me.

Princess, You Saved Me.

The beginning with you

6
Princess, You Saved Me.
Morgan Spakes

Dear Daughter,

Let me start by saying I didn't think I'd be a mother at the age of 20, but I am. Every day, it becomes more of a reality. You started out as two pink lines on a throw away pregnancy test, and you grew to the first image on the ultrasound monitor, and then we heard your heartbeat for the very first time. Next, we discovered that you were going to be a little girl. Now you've been growing inside of me for about 17 weeks now and each day, and each week that passes, I feel closer to you. I want to go ahead and write you this brief letter to tell you that I love you. I want to tell you how excited I am to meet you, hold you, hug and kiss you. I'm nervous, I'm still growing up in certain ways and being responsible for you is going to be such a new and exciting challenge. It is now December, and me and your father will be welcoming you into this world towards the end of May, this seems so far away right now but right now I know that it will go by so quickly. You have already changed me. Yes, you're making me grow in size physically but you've already started to help me develop more mentally. I'm motivated each day to make sure I prepare the path for you, and try to think of how to raise you and give you everything you can ever imagine. Your daddy and I already talk about you all the time and we dream about who you will look like and what personality traits you will have. Life with you growing inside of me is truly a blessing no matter how unexpected. It's exciting to see the look on all of your grandparents faces when they talk about you and the smiles that your aunts and uncles have every time they speak about you. You are already so loved. I promise you that I will always put you first, and your daddy and I will always do what is best for you. However, I will go ahead and apologize for the mistakes we will make. We aren't going to get it all right and we will probably let you down at times while you grow up. I'm sorry for that but I promise we will always strive to give you the best life possible and help shape you into a wonderful young lady. I just want you to know that you are worth it, and you always will be. No matter how many times you've made me sick after a meal, or woke me up to make me go pee, the acne that pregnancy has caused as well as the headaches, I wouldn't trade them for anything because at the end of it all you'll be in my arms. I'll get to see your face and know that someone will forever be looking up to me. Princess always remember you are loved and know that you are my saving grace. We all love you so much and we can't wait to meet you !

Sincerely,

Your Mother