Pretty Vicious

Pretty Vicious

An "Unruly Welsh Gang" moves into music.

29
Pretty Vicious

Pretty Vicious's new song "Move," which came out at the end of the summer, is said to be a great example of what's to come in the early months of 2019.

The foursome consists of Brad Griffiths, Elliot Jones, Jarvis Morgan, and Tom McCarthy. In true rock and roll fashion, when on the phone with Brad, he's unapologetically himself and talks passionately about what moves him and what he wants from the band going forward.

Lead vocals and guitar player, Brad Griffiths, explained that their punk rock stylings that come out in "Move" will be on full blast with the new album. Their first EP, "Cave Song" offers that same amount of gritty pop-rock, and since it's release in 2016, the band has been working to release their first full-length album, which is set to come out in the early stages of 2019.

Pretty Vicious, a band of four, hail from Merthyr Tydfil in the United Kingdom, and that's where a lot of their self-proclaimed "unruly Welsh" persona comes from and not as moody as other punk rock or alternative rock groups that have made their way over to the States. Brad said that instead of coming in as the other bands did with their moody tunes and looks, he wants America to see them as something more.

Even though their first album has yet be released, Pretty Vicious is in no way rookies to the music scene. They've opened for acts like Stereophonics and Noel Gallagher and have even played at Glastonbury Music Festival in Somerset, England which sees about 130,000 concert goes throughout five days. They've also had their songs, "Are You Ready For Me" and "Ain't No Fun" appear on different gaming soundtracks, and "Move" has earned its place on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Chart.

As the punk rock and Britpop lovers await the release of their new album, there is still plenty of Pretty Vicious music to hold them over until then.

Watch the music video for "Are You Entertained?" here.