Plan Homecoming Weekend

11 Ways To Prepare For Your Best Homecoming Weekend Yet

Trust me, you need to plan ahead.

97
Christine O'Malley

Homecoming weekend is highly celebrated among colleges. If you're into sports, it's a game you don't want to miss. If you aren't a sports fan, celebrating with friends and family is something to look forward to. Something everyone can agree to be of the best aspects is the food. Going from tailgate to tailgate seeing what each spot is grilling is always an adventure; and of course, belly-filling. Prepare for the best homecoming yet with these easy tips.

1. Eat a good breakfast

This is SO important. Even if you are planning on eating at tailgate, you should still eat breakfast. Plan a big breakfast with your friends before leaving for the day. Each person can bring something different, that way you have a selection to choose from. (PS: mimosas are a must)

2. Find a tailgate spot...or a couple

You're going to want to bounce from tailgate to tailgate. Possibly buy your own tailgate, or plan and see which of your friends already have one! This way when the day comes around, you know where you're going.

3. Buy your game tickets ahead of time

This is a tip for those who are planning on going to the game. The day of, lines are usually way too long. It's best to just buy them ahead of time so you don't need to worry or wait.

4. Make jello shots the night before

Jello shots are such a fun way to celebrate! There are a ton of recipes you can find on Pinterest. Here's one I've done many times.

5. Make time in your schedule for an afternoon nap

If you're waking up at 7 a.m. to pregame, you're going to need a nap. Especially if you plan on celebrating all day!

6. Prepare an outfit

This is the time to rep your school in a fun way! Face stickers, glitter, its all a must.

7. Get a big group of friends together

The entire school is getting together to celebrate, there is no better time for your friends to all meet one another.

8. Plan a good place to get breakfast the next morning

To finish the celebration, grab a bite to eat with everyone. It's the perfect place to talk about all the memories and things that happened the day before.

9. Share your location with your friends

Getting lost at the tailgate is not fun. Being in a sea full of people and having no idea where any of your friends went seems like a nightmare. I would suggest sharing your location with your friends the night before!

10. Drink Gatorade throughout the day and the morning after

Don't forget to replenish those electrolytes! If you want to avoid a hangover, just do it.

11. Prepare for memories that will last a lifetime

The memories you make will be unexpected and plenty.

Can you tell how excited I am for homecoming? You should be just as excited. However, keep in mind that you can only plan so much. Just remember to have fun! That's what weekends like this one are all about.