20 Activities That'll Help Even The Grinchiest Humans Get Into The Holiday Spirit

It's the most wonderful time of the year

74
personal photo

There are a ton of fun and festive holiday activities that should be a staple in your family during Christmas time, but here's a few to get you in the holiday spirit.

1. Make a gingerbread house

You can even make it interesting and make it a drunk gingerbread house making challenge with your friends

2. Drive around your town and look at Christmas lights

Especially in small towns people tend to go all out with extravagant Christmas decorations that are so much fun to look at

3. Watch the "Home Alone" movies

Watching Macaulay Culkin accidentally get left home alone and end up having to save his home from Marv and Harry never gets old

4. Bake Christmas cookies

Christmas cookies are the Lords calories so feel free to bake as many as you want

5. Put on your favorite Christmas pajamas

There's no better feeling than putting on your cozy Christmas pajamas and cuddling up by the fire with your S.O.

6. Kiss under the mistletoe 

It's always a lot of fun to "accidentally'" end up under the mistletoe with your crush while everybody screams "kiss, kiss, kiss!"

7. Get your favorite holiday drink from Starbucks

Hot, iced, or frappuccino form, either way you can't go wrong

8. Sing "Jingle Bells"

It's a holiday tradition to jam out to Christmas tunes all month long with your best friends

9. Go to a Christmas Parade

If any one of the floats throws out candy then you know you're at the right parade

10. Watch "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"

It's on Netflix so you have no excuses

11. Eat a candy cane

They come in tons of different flavors nowadays, but you can't go wrong with the classic peppermint flavor that if you suck on long enough turns into a super sharp weapon.

12. Make Christmas cards

You can't go wrong with a homemade Christmas card to spread a little holiday cheer

13. Go see Santa at the mall

Sit on Santa's lap, tell him what you want for Christmas, pose for a quick photo, and pay an absurd amount of money for the full holiday package. It's tradition.

14. Play in the snow

If you're lucky enough to get more than a few snowflakes during this time of the year please take full advantage of it!

15. Wear a Santa hat

I don't know about you but taking cute pictures with your dog while you're both wearing Santa hats is the most adorable thing in the world

16. Go on the Polar Express train ride

Put on your festive striped Christmas pajamas and get ready for a night full of hot chocolate, cookies, bells, and Christmas stories told by Santa himself.

17. Do a Secret Santa with your best friends

It's so much fun to see if you can guess which of your friends blessed you with whatever you've been asking for all year

18. Decorate a Christmas tree

I know you've been wanting to decorate your tree since the day after Halloween and now is your time.

19. Drink hot chocolate

Don't forget the marshmallows

20. Go to an ugly Christmas sweater party

Don't miss out on the opportunity to put on your ugliest Christmas sweater and wow your friends with your holiday fashion

Christmas is hands down of the best times of the year. So gather your family and friends and make it a Christmas to remember.