The Power Of Makeup

The Power Of Makeup

No one can stop me when I'm wearing my favorite shade of lipstick.

214
The Power Of Makeup
pixabay.com

I don't think people truly realize how important it is to always look our best.

It seems as though many people are trying to push the idea that clean faces and natural hair are the way to go, but really it is just the easier way to go. If you have the option to look better when you go out in public, then why wouldn't you? No woman actually looks more competent and approachable when they aren't wearing mascara, and people truly gravitate towards more attractive individuals.

So, when beauty products are so easily accessible and there are over a billion makeup tutorials out there to teach us how to apply the products, why wouldn't you take advantage of this? Let's be proud of our natural self, but still, utilize the facts and fully adopt the confidence we experience with a little eyeliner on.

I can only talk from experience and I would say mine goes pretty far back... I was three-years-old the first time my face bore makeup, and only five when I first wore a full face of it. Sounds crazy right? What mom lets her three-year-old put on makeup? Well, she was forced to because I have spent the majority of my life dancing competitively, and as a dancer, one must wear some sort of makeup in order to make sure the stage lights do not wash out the performer's face and they don't end up looking like a sick vampire.

Although my mom might have been reluctant to apply fake eyelashes to her young five-year-old daughter, she has always understood the importance of wearing makeup. In fact, my love for foundation and blush stemmed from her constant thorough beauty routines. I aspire to have as young-looking and beautiful skin as she has when I am her age. My mom credits her gorgeous skin to the type of products she has used throughout her lifetime.

Therefore, I find it extremely crucial to spend the extra money and purchase high-quality products. In fact, before heading to college, my mom handed me her credit card and sent me off to Sephora to talk to a makeup consultant and make sure I was buying all the right stuff for my skin tone, skin type, face shape, and other factors I didn't realize made such a huge impact on the way we should apply our makeup. Don't ask me how much I spent that day, but I promise it was worth every penny.

So, my biggest suggestion for any women who is about to start a new journey in life, rather it is a new job, a new school, or a new relationship, would be to invest in a new beauty routine as well. It is so liberating once you throw out all the free makeup samples you have stashed in the back of your bathroom drawer or finally rid the extra space in your makeup bag of all the dried up lipsticks and clumpy powders and refill these spots with brand new and effective makeup.

When a woman knows she is correctly applying the right makeup, it is dangerous because a whole new confidence is ignited within her. The perfect shade of lipstick can be the difference between a good day and a bad. This is simply because when you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good, you do good.

Many times, I find myself the most productive after showering and executing a good skin care routine of washing and moisturizing my face. I feel fresh and re-energized because of the little extra time I spent benefitting myself. Therefore, I am ready to take on my next tasks with more motivation to do well because again, when you feel good, you do good.

Also, my mindset completely changes after putting on makeup. I look in the mirror and see a put-together, attractive woman, and I feel much more confident for the responsibilities that are placed in front of me. So, on days where I have large tests or uncomfortable situations to face, I make sure that I do my makeup. You should try it!! Because again, when you look good, you do good. I have no doubt that putting on a layer of products that effectively emphasizes my natural beauty, has played a large part in my success thus far in life.

Although I am an advocate for loving your authentic self, makeup can be powerful, and I want everyone to experience it's confidence boosting superpowers. So, next time you're crying over that guy that just broke your heart, or the company that just let you go, throw on some lipstick and take a look at yourself in the mirror to admire the beauty and strength you hold from within, that now shows on the outside, and go prove to everyone how you didn't need those things anyway. All you need is yourself and the right makeup and you can take on the world.

For example, we are constantly making impressions on people, and we are hopefully striving for them to all be positive. With extra confidence and the ability to give off the look of a woman who dedicates time each morning to take care of herself, we are only helping to make these impressions great ones.