Post Malone’s new album is fire, but certain days of the week are most certainly not.
Mondays can make us feel “Psycho” and keep us wishing we could “Stay” in bed. This wordplay is “Over Now”, see you on the “Otherside” of the article!
1. “I wake up everyday/I wake up everyday/with this anxiety”
That’s real, waking up after a relaxing or packed weekend on Monday can be the worst feeling in the world, and school or work looms ahead.
2. “Feel like I’m circlin’ a drain/all I see is the remains of an ugly truth”
Looking at that alarm clock and realizing what day it is certainly is an ugly truth and it almost makes you more tired to think of all you have to do.
1. “We will never be the same if we make it through”
It’s only Tuesday and it already feels like the week should be coming to a close. And if we make it through, it’s gonna be tough.
“Blame it on me”
2. “It’s not my fault/it’s not my fault/it’s not my fault/ that I couldn’t breathe”
Not quite to the halfway point yet, so Tuesday can be blamed for any unwanted occurrences.
“Ball for me”
1. “Call me Buffy cause that’s what I slay like”
It’s halfway through now, the well-deserved hump day, and all the sudden you wake up feeling like a ten.
1. “Watch how everything is going to change”
Yay! It’s Friday Jr. and all you have to do is wait out the day and you’re on the home stretch.
1. “No sleep ‘till I’ve seen three suns”
It’s finally the weekend and sometimes partying is the cure to the week blues, and none of this involves getting sleep.
2.”Man, I feel just like a rockstar”
All the sudden we feel like we can take on the world with our friends and Friday night lights.
1. “Speaker system bumpin”
Time to roll down the windows and blare the music, it’s Saturday and the weekend is hitting its peak.
“Zack and Codeine”
2. “Been living fast, no I can’t take it slowly”
It’s the last day before the Sunday blues so might as well make it count.
1. “It’s over now, yeah yeah yeah”
The cloudy gloom of Monday is looming ahead no matter what you do.
“All this stuntin’ couldn’t satisfy my soul”
Even with all the fun that the weekend brought, it’s still back to the Monday withdrawal.
Whether you like Posty or not, you can’t deny how relatable his lyrics and struggles are. Even though he is famous, the celebrity life isn’t always as glamorous as it seems.