Regardless Of Who We Affiliate With, We Should All Respect One Another

America seems to have lost sight in what's most important.

11
https://www.pexels.com/photo/i-voted-sticker-spool-on-white-surface-1550336/

I don't remember politics being this way. I grew up in a time when my parents would give a scowl if I asked them who they voted for because it was none of my business.

Of course, I don't remember much because I was a child, but I grew older and realized how divided we were, and still are, as a country.

It almost seems like being registered as a Republican or a Democrat is a huge hate crime.

Recently, over the course of four years, the Trump years, politics have been sour and equivalent to walking on eggshells. I sit back and watch the news in silence. I watch the bickering and unnecessary temper tantrums; it's crazy how some adults can act like children sometimes.

But through all the drama and social media outrages, we need to remember that we are still together. We all live in the same country. We are all proud Americans.

Regardless of who or what you believe in, we should still respect one another.

Trigger Warning: I'm a Republican, and I never wanted to share that with anyone since it's my business. I am always seen as a bigot and old-fashioned. I am put down for affiliating with the same political party as President Donald Trump, when the truth is that I don't always agree with what he says.

I am not as conservative as you think, but I am not liberal whatsoever.

I have friends who are registered as Republicans, but I am also friends with Democrats. That doesn't mean that one or the other are wrong in their opinions. For this reason, there should be enough respect to go around.

If you have a problem with someone because of who they vote for or who they affiliate with in politics, then you are what is wrong with this country. It sounds harsh, but it's true. It's all about respect, honor, and unity; we need all of that right now.

We need to come together and see the big picture.

I'm tired of looking on social media and seeing the constant arguments. I know it's never going to stop because some people just don't give up. But at this point, I let it be.

I am going to continue to vote for the person who suitably fits the position as President, for the 2020 election and for the elections to come. I am quiet and to myself for the most part, but the last four years have tempted me to write an article or speak my mind on the Internet.

We need to remember that, regardless of political affiliation, we are all still Americans, and we must show respect for one another, as we would want that for ourselves.

***After reading this, if you feel that I or this article offended you personally, please unfriend me or block me on social media. That will prove the content of your character to me, a person who is just simply offering my thoughts and opinion.***