Your Choice DOES Matter

Your Choice DOES Matter

Do not sit on the sideline in deciding the future of your country

2
Your Choice DOES Matter
ytimg

The presidential primary election of 2016 may be historic for many reasons. It has featured many outsider candidates, attracted new voters to the polls and drawn massive amounts of media coverage and subsequently media viewership. It has been quite the exciting and wild couple months. Now as primary season is coming to a close we begin to see a glimpse of what awaits America tomorrow.

First, as suspected the divided in the republican party that has been apartment since speaker John Boehner’s exile has been brought to the for front with Trump dividing next generation GOP against the old establishment GOP values.

This would be a sign for trouble for the republican if it wasn’t for Senator Bernie Sanders dividing the Democratic Party’s new age progressives against former Secretary of State Clinton’s establishment Democrat’s. Though Sanders faces insurmountable odds in the fight for the nomination his presence serves the purpose of creating a more left wing message for the democrat’s platform.

But as July’s convention approaches and the race for the White House kicks into top gear the key to victory will be the willingness of voters to unite behind their party. Under the presumption that Clinton looks up the nominee this will cause another historic moment.

A battle between two of the least liked candidates in presidential history. Now complain all you want about the process and how unfair it is but this America still and you do have a choice, a choice that many unhappy American possibly missed during primary season. If anything can be taken away from this election let it be these lessons.

Primaries are the most direct from of democracy for Presidential elections and though the processes are confusing. It is, therefore, most important that people begin to seek information about all candidates and the process of gaining their party’s nomination. Secondly, the choice not to vote during primary season is the wrong choice and the reason we are now faced with the two least liked candidates in recent history.

Last there is a third option, Libertarian candidate Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson has teamed up with Former Massachusetts Governor William Weld (Republican). While a libertarian candidate has never been relevant in a presidential election the age of social media and unhappiness amongst voters help the relatively unknown gain support.

My final remark I will leave you with is do not sit on the sideline in deciding the future of your country, especially millennials it will be our America to inherit in just a couple elections do not wait let your ideas be heard.