Poetry On Odyssey: Conjuring Prayers Towards The Aether Gods-Woven

These words effuse towards lambs of gods to absolve sins uncleaned

2

Salt-riddled droplets stream downwards

While conjuring gods-answerable words

Is wanting a bountiful increase

And the violence and temptations to cease

Too much for the flesh-and-blood to consume

And should we live with our earthly doom?

These words effuse towards never-ending lights

Beaming from cloud-estates where angels take their flight

O'er the buildings made from earth-as-hell fiends

Towards lambs of gods to absolve sins uncleaned

Who produce fleece for the aether gods-woven

That keeps Earth and the Heavens cloven

Tapestried beyond skies unflown and planets unmined

That bedazzles Men and makes devils blind

But are Men just devils-waiting-to-roast?

No matter how much they chest-beat and boast

Their compositions would decay with age

And their coffins would become their cages

No matter how much they pray, grovel, scream, and cry

Their gnashings-of-teeth might continue after they die

But, in sooth, the firmaments hear no songs

Since the clouds are not where angels belong

Nor do the heavens govern outer space

For bleak emptiness has humans to displace

Since they are ant-sapient dust

With their innovations easily given to rust

They live in this world of death and rot

And creativity is all they got

Image Attribution: Pixabay

To The High School Senior, It's Not All About College Applications

Finish strong, be mindful of your needs, and live in peace.

794

I wish I could have said this all last year, that you will never have it as easy as you do right now. It's the end of the road for childhood and you're wondering what else do I do with my life now that I'm going to college? It's a mix of emotions and feelings that are hard to process. My goal is telling you this is the year to do everything fun and live like you haven't before. This doesn't mean skip school on the daily and get bad grades(it matters until the end because of college).

But above all else, don't let college applications define your year. People think applying to college is the story of what happens senior year(which is mostly true but I promise that is not the only thing that matters). There is so much more to life than college applications and laughing how everyone becomes depressed their last year from being around the same people. If I could tell myself last year, it would be this:

First, it would be to not argue with people at all. This last year is simply too scared to fight and argue with people over nothing. Do your best to be kind to everyone and not cause problems for other people. Everyone deserves to have a nice senior year.

Second, enjoy being able to live in your own room and not share with anyone else. Once you get to college there's going to be a lot of unnecessary noise that you sort of get used to living with.

Next, do not take an abundance of college classes. They're only going to help you but so much and you're not going to want to do the work anyway. Don't be one of those people who does this and doesn't feel the need to have a social life. It's no joke, recognize you're human and be mindful of your needs.

In addition, there is no such thing as a perfect school. Every school has its flaws and most of the time when people say yes, they're saying yes to the marketing campaign the school has. There is a large difference between the marketing campaign for the school and actually living there. It's always good to go to your top school and tour a second time so you know what definitely fits you.

Most importantly, do not be too consumed in your cell phone and pretend that you don't care about anything. That's like a lame childish response pretending you don't have feelings. And for those that still think this is the way to go, I can't wait until you take a sociology class and learn about how humans are dependent on one another.

Appreciate everything mom and dad have done for you. Do not fuss about what is put on the dinner table, and instead be grateful that they took their time to prepare a meal for YOU. Nothing compares to mom's home-cooked meals. Because that dining hall food can really mess you up.

You will be working the 9-5 all day every day. There will be more work, you will be stressed out about reading around 300 pages of material per week, and have the stress of having two tests as the only semester grades.

Lastly, you will actually have to adult for the first time ever in college and find what keeps you motivated. It's not a hand holding game with constant support. You have the opportunity to do a lot by yourself but also with others.