Praying Lamb Of God That Doesn't Exist

Poetry On Odyssey: Conjuring Prayers Towards The Aether Gods-Woven

These words effuse towards lambs of gods to absolve sins uncleaned

4

Salt-riddled droplets stream downwards

While conjuring gods-answerable words

Is wanting a bountiful increase

And the violence and temptations to cease

Too much for the flesh-and-blood to consume

And should we live with our earthly doom?

These words effuse towards never-ending lights

Beaming from cloud-estates where angels take their flight

O'er the buildings made from earth-as-hell fiends

Towards lambs of gods to absolve sins uncleaned

Who produce fleece for the aether gods-woven

That keeps Earth and the Heavens cloven

Tapestried beyond skies unflown and planets unmined

That bedazzles Men and makes devils blind

But are Men just devils-waiting-to-roast?

No matter how much they chest-beat and boast

Their compositions would decay with age

And their coffins would become their cages

No matter how much they pray, grovel, scream, and cry

Their gnashings-of-teeth might continue after they die

But, in sooth, the firmaments hear no songs

Since the clouds are not where angels belong

Nor do the heavens govern outer space

For bleak emptiness has humans to displace

Since they are ant-sapient dust

With their innovations easily given to rust

They live in this world of death and rot

And creativity is all they got

Image Attribution: Pixabay

On June 22nd I Celebrated My 22nd

*Insert cliche Taylor Swift song "22"*

88

It's about time I turn 22. I've been told that after your 21st birthday, the years begin to fly past you in a blur. I don't know if I agree, but I can definitely say that I don't feel 22. Sometimes I look around at all the people who are freshmen in college, or juniors in high school, and I begin to reminisce about when I was their age. One thing getting older does do is make you a skeptical, cynical person.

I've thought a lot about my birthday as another day that I get to eat cake because let's face it, I'm not really here for anything else, except maybe a shot. I remember celebrating my birthday when I was younger was much different from what it turned into after I turned 20. Back in the day, I would celebrate my birthday with a pool party. Pizza, chips, cake, and soda. A few balloons and candles and that was it. I'd only invite my closest friends and we'd have so much fun.

I miss that kind of birthday. The kind you pick out an outfit for days prior, the kind you get so excited for and can't sleep, the kind that makes you feel special. It doesn't feel like that anymore. What it feels like now is, "welp, there goes another year." This line is also applicable to New Year's Eve, but we'll cross that bridge six months from now.

My birthday is pretty uneventful. It feels like the spark is gone, the excitement is gone. I wish I could feel happy that I'm turning 22, but I also know that it's just a reality that we all get older and things like birthdays begin to feel strange. You're faced to realize that you're supposed to have gained another year of experience and intelligence in the aspects of life, but it's almost like you feel the same.

It's safe to say that this has been a bit of an existential-crisis-themed birthday, but I'm just a little scared of getting older. I think we all reach a point where you realize you aren't invincible anymore. It's time to see what's in store for the future, what your career goals are, where you plan to move to after graduation, how to eat better, and how to feel like you've reached your full potential. It's a bittersweet moment in my life, but I'm ready to see what's next.