Poetry on Odyssey: How to Love Again

Poetry on Odyssey: How to Love Again

Who would have ever thought that this would be possible?

258
Poetry on Odyssey: How to Love Again
Via Unsplash

I want to let you in but I don’t know how.

How do you let someone in when you’ve been hurt by the one person you expected to be by your side forever? The trust, love, and efforts I made I can never get back. I gave you a piece of myself that I can never get back.

For a while, I was lost.

I had no idea who I was without him. I realized that by trying to keep him, I've lost myself in the process.

But somehow you gave me the reason to try to love again. You make me feel things I don’t want to feel. You make me smile and laugh like no other. It’s annoying but that’s one of the many qualities I adore about you.

The thing about love is that you always have to be willing to take a risk. There’s no way of telling if that person will end up breaking your heart. It’s always a gamble. But when you love someone, you're willing to do whatever it takes to make it work. The secret to a long-lasting relationship is building a firm foundation that's built on loyalty, trust, and honesty. If one of these three components aren’t visible, then you’re relationship never stood a chance, to begin with. In every relationship, there are its fair shares of highs and lows. It takes two string individuals, to stay during the low points because it's easier to leave when things get a little hard.

One day, we will be a family of four in a big white house just beside the oceanside. A wonderful view, indeed. Who would have ever thought that this would be possible?