Poetry on Odyssey: The Journey of a Thought

A Short Love Letter to my Dearly Beloved

137
Gallery Yopriceville

Dearly Beloved,

Each day that I think about you is a journey, one continuous walk into eternity. Each thought begins in the same place, my heart of hearts. The thought wakes up from its warm, cozy roost and blinks in the light of the new day. At the sight of the wonderful world outside, the thought lights up and begins to pack for its journey. It packs a knapsack full of wonderful things: dreams, words of encouragement to give freely to passing strangers, stories to share with people, bringing light to their day. Its coin purse is heavy with kindness and generosity. It rolls up a poncho for when tears fall upon her face like rain, and a parasol for when the cheery sun shines too bright in her eyes.

My thought steps out of her door, planting more thoughts in its garden to care still for my heart as the first thought goes on its way. I know that its journey will be long, but I hope that wherever you are, that somehow my thoughts are able to reach out to you. May the thoughts from my heart of hearts help to keep yours a place where sheep may safely graze, and where God may lay his beloved beside cool waters.

With the best of love and blessings,

Your Faithful One

This Letter Poem is an attempt to anthropomorphize thoughts and feelings, and contemplate what we put into them as we are thinking about the people we love.