Life Poetry

Poetry on Odyssey: Living & Existing Word Dump

A revised poem from November of 2017.

45
pexels.com

Get up. Snooze.

Get up, part #2.

Shower. Eat breakfast. Go to work. Go to school. Eat something. Shower. Sleep. Hold your breath.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

This is existing. The same tasks over and over. Zooming through your day, looking forward to the weekend. That's existing and that's all it will ever be.

Bike. Swim. Eat. Drink. Taste. See. Make art. Buy art. See a movie. Find a career, not a job. Find a passion and get lost in it. Go on a date. Eat your favorite meal, then learn how to make it. Sleep. Travel. Eat your favorite meal while traveling. Read a book, then read it backwards. Buy a plant. Hell, buy plants.

Surround yourself. Surround yourself with people, with loved ones, with friends, artists, actors, with the real ones, with the lovers and the doers. Have a party. Find a hobby.

Shave your head. Pierce your nose. Go to a show. Visit another country. Visit your own country. Keep a journal. Take photographs. Hug someone. Listen to music louder than you should. Sing in the shower. Sing in your car. Kiss somebody. Breathe.

Stay up all night. Sleep all day.

Smile until your face hurts.

Make someone laugh.

Make it count.

Write poems, even if you aren't a poet.

Risk something. Risk everything.

Live. Live. Live.

And then? Live some more.