These 5 Plus-Sized Models Prove You Don't Need To Be Size 14 To Be Beautiful

Regardless of the plus-sized modeling industry "standards", I'm so glad these beautiful women exist to show us plus women do not have to be a certain size or have specific measurements to be a plus babe.

4213
Paper Magazine

As a plus-sized girl, I love shopping on websites like Forever 21+, Torrid, and Lane Bryant. But I always wondered, why don't these models look like me? Or every other plus-sized woman on the planet?

The fashion industry has created their own image of what a plus-sized woman should look like. The fact of the matter is, we all come in different shapes and sizes. Some people have big thighs and a small chest, others a big tummy and massive boobs. We're all created differently. The same goes for straight-sized models, but if plus-sized retailers are going to advocate for body confidence, why are you creating a conformed image of what plus-size women look like?

So yeah, sure, we all know about the plus-size fashion world's most famous models, for example, Ashley Graham, Denise Bidot and Jordyn Woods who fit the "industry's standards" based on their measurements. But let's talk about these beautiful models/plus bloggers who visually and size-wise do not fit the industry's standards, and have every right to be just as successful as the women I previously mentioned:

1. Tess Holliday

Tess is one of the more "famous" and successful models on this list that isn't a size 14/16, and is not someone you would see on Forever 21+'s website. She is a size 22, and can rock a bikini better than any other woman I've seen. IG: @tessholliday

2. Gabriella Lascano

@gabriellalascano

3. Nicole Simone

@saucysimone

4. Tallulah Moon

@tallulah_moon

5. Cara Scott

@carascottofficial

Regardless of the plus-sized modeling industry "standards", I'm so glad these beautiful women exist to show us plus women do not have to be a certain size or have specific measurements to be a plus babe. These are women I truly look up to and remind me every day that my body is beautiful no matter what!