4 Reasons You Can't Do Homework In Your Dorm, So Don't Even Try
Education

4 Reasons You Can't Do Homework In Your Dorm, So Don't Even Try

The one thing I wish I had listened to when I started my freshman year.

567
Please study already
https://unsplash.com/photos/vGbC6mOeUCw

One year ago, when I was but a small freshman, I was told by almost everyone that I ran into that the best way to succeed was to go to the library or a study room or maybe just somewhere that was not my dorm room. And of course, as I should, I completely ignored all of that advice and maintained that I would be able to do my homework in my dorm anyways. I don't know why I expected too much out of myself. It wasn't like I studied in my bedroom at home and a dorm room is really just a bedroom with a different name and a mini-fridge.

It did not go well, and now, knowing that this advice will probably go ignored, I am going to impart it anyways. Please, new freshman, learn from the errors in my ways, and do better!

1. If you are in your dorm, you will end up in bed

When you were designing your dorm room, as I know everyone did even a little bit despite the fact that they deny it, you were not planning on making it a place that fostered a good homework doing the environment. You wanted it to be somewhere where you could decompress, and be comfortable, and find all of your stuff. Homework was the last thing on your mind. If you try to do anything in your dorm, it ends up with you laying in bed. Which ends with you watching Netflix in bed.

2. The Library Usually Has a Place Where You Can Buy Coffee

https://giphy.com/gifs/gilmoregirls-netflix-gilmor...

Not everyone brought a Keurig with them to school, but almost everyone needs caffeine to get some actual work done. Also, even though you do have to but it, almost every library on a school campus in the country has a place where you can buy coffee. Go to the library, get your coffee, and get some sh*t done.

3. The library motivates you to do work

https://giphy.com/gifs/soulpancake-college-reading...

When you go to the library, there is just the smallest amount of motivation because you already walked all the way there, and everyone else is doing work, and you think they'll judge you for not doing work even though you know that they won't, and it's honest enough to make you do homework. When you're in your dorm, there is literally nothing stopping you from not doing your work.

4. It's a really good idea to get out of your dorm sometimes

https://giphy.com/gifs/kim-kardashian-college-kard...

You probably spend all of your free time in your dorm and don't know what's going on ever, but like, you have to make some friends. Please leave your dorm. Please go to the library and try to make friends. Please. It's for your own good, I promise. I promise.