Please Do Not Yell At Me For Loving Disney

It's a magical place, ok?
229

When I think about where I am the happiest, I first think Disney World. The feeling of entering those gates to the most magical place on Earth is unlike any other. The smells, the crowds, the scenery. I take one look at the castle and I am home.

Everything in Disney World is so familiar, providing me with glimpses of my childhood. My debut to Disney World was at seven months old and I remember every second of that trip. Just kidding. But since then, I've been back more times than I can even count.

People are always asking me "Ew, why do like Disney?" followed by their own reasons like "too many lines" or "too many people." Others say, "Disney World is for little kids." Well, everyone has their opinions, so here are mine!

Everyone is a kid at Disney. It does not matter if you are thirty or two hundred years old, you are ten in Disney World. What could be better than transforming back into your ten-year-old self for just a couple of days? For just a few minutes, you forget that Mickey Mouse is actually a man in a sweaty costume and you feel like you are meeting a real celebrity because let's be honest, you are.

Disney World is always changing, just like us! Everything is updated. They are constantly adding new lands to compliment the popular Disney opinions. Have a new favorite Disney movie? Go to Disney World, they have a ride for it.

The Castle. Need I say more.

The food is incredible. From Mickey waffles to Mickey shaped marshmallow treats, there is something for everyone, even the pickiest eater on this planet. The dining experience can be as casual or as extravagant as you want it to be AND you can meet the characters while you eat. AHH! I love shaking Peter Pan's hand while shoving a chicken finger in my mouth.

Those tear-jerking fireworks. Just when you think your day cannot get any better, BAM! Tinker Bell flies over Main Street, followed by a dazzling sparkle in the sky. This is just the beginning of the best firework show that you've ever seen in your life. Ever.

If you are not checking your calendar for upcoming open weekends to sneak down to Disney for a few days, I apologize because I know I am. These reasons, plus one hundred trillion more, are why I consider Disney World my second home. I could easily write a book about it but I know about two people who would read it and my mom and dad already do enough for me.

So for those of you who do not believe that Disney World is the happiest place on Earth, I hope that you have a place that brings you a smile as big as mine in Magic Kingdom. Pretty please just don't yell at me for loving Disney.