two truths and a lie game

Let's Play A Game Of 'Two Truths And A Lie'

What will you choose to believe?

729
Everypixel.com

Icebreaker games are a fun and creative way to get to know the people around you and are often played in settings such as a classroom at the beginning of a new school year, at work when there are many new hires starting and even at parties and social events where the people gathered may not know each other or are only acquainted. There are a variety of different games or activities used to break the ice, but one of the most popular icebreaker games that you might find yourself familiar with is called "Two Truths and a Lie."

In "Two Truths and a Lie" a group of people is gathered and each person will take turns saying three statements. In no particular order, the person speaking will tell two truths about themselves and one lie about themselves. Then, the rest of the group decides which statement they believe is the lie. Typically, the truths will be different for every person because we have all had different experiences and live different lives, but today I am going to play a special version of "Two Truths and a Lie" with you.

The set up is very similar to the original. I will say three statements, two of them being true and one of them being a lie. The difference in this version is that I am going to have truths that apply to me and you alike without even having to know you.

Let's begin!

Here are the three statements:

1. I am an accident because my parents didn't plan to conceive me.

2. My life has a purpose.

3. I am infinitely loved.

Can you pick out which one of these is a big, fat lie? Maybe it's obvious to you or maybe you're stuck thinking they're all truths or they're all lies. Let me clear it all up for you.

Here are the answers:

1. LIE

It may or may not be true that your mother did not plan on becoming pregnant with you, but regardless of that, you are no accident. God planned you. He planned every single thing about you from your physical appearance to the talents you possess and the personality you have. He planned when, where and how you would be born. He intricately sewed you into your mother's womb, He knows the very number of hairs on your head and He planned every day of your life before one of them even came to be. Our lives did not come by accident and that is the truth.

2. TRUTH

We were created on purpose for a purpose. God prepared a plan for your entire life in advance. He didn't just meticulously create you and then lead you into the world to leave the rest up to chance. When it seems like nothing in life is going right and you just can't seem to catch a break it can be so easy to fall into feelings of purposelessness or worthlessness. When these feelings creep up on us we have to remember the truth that God's strength is made perfect in weakness and that He works all things for our good.

3. TRUTH

God's love for us is outrageous! He sent Jesus, his only son, to earth and he was as we are. The word had become flesh. Jesus lived the perfect, sinless life that we cannot live and then took our place on the cross to die the death that we are so deserving of. We were sinners, we are still sinners but Christ died to save us because that is how much he loves us. You will always be infinitely loved. There is absolutely nothing you can do that can separate you from God's amazing love because that's just what he does and that is what he is. He is love and he gives love freely, unconditionally, for all the days of our lives.

So, what will you believe? Often times the world tries to tell us who we are supposed to be, what we are supposed to do and say, what we are supposed to wear and look like, what we are supposed to believe and so much more. When the lies of the world begin to attack you I encourage you to play this game, turn to God's word and combat those lies with two truths (or more) and walk in those truths every day. This week I hope you will walk in the truth that you were created on purpose, for a purpose, in perfect love.