7 Trendy Halloween Costumes for 2018

It's Never Too Early To Plan For Halloween, So Here Are 7 Costume Ideas That Are PERFECT For 2018

Lets face it, trendy Halloween costumes are the best.

166
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-hands-squash-fruit-112352/

Halloween only comes once a year, so you may as well take advantage of it by doing something that reflects the happenings of that year. With every year, there's always a ton of inspiration (whether it be good, or bad) for Halloween costumes, and this list highlights a few for you!

1. Laura Jean Covey 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjC-U2pH0BC/?taken-by=jennyhan

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" took Netflix, and the world, by storm! Not only is it a genuinely accurate book-to-movie adaptation, but it's also the movie that skyrocketed Noah Centineo into stardom. It's truly an iconic movie of 2018, making this year the perfect time to dress up as Laura Jean herself!

What you need: black hair/wig in a high ponytail, a pink floral dress, pink jacket, some simple makeup, and some letters to carry around with you!!

You can even make this a couple's costume, too, with a Peter Kavinsky ;)

2. Kylie Jenner Hiding her Pregnancy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfzEfy-lK1N/?taken-by=kyliejenner

When you look back at 2018 as a whole, there's no way you can ignore the enigma that was Kylie Jenner's pregnancy. I think, deep down, we all really knew she was pregnant, but the lack of confirmation until Stormi was born kept the whole nation guessing.

What you need: any tight black dress and something to carry around with you to constantly cover your baby bump with. Or, alternatively, any sort of full glam look paired with a baggy tracksuit and heels.

You don't even have to buy a wig if you don't want to, since Kylie goes through so many hair colors.

3. Sia or her Dancer (aka Maddie Ziegler)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKt13DOhzUD/?taken-by=siamusic

Okay, so this one isn't really 2018-specific, but Sia just released some new tunes, so she's fresh on my radar. Plus, she's got an iconic look, one that she shares with Maddie, who stars in all of her music videos.

If you're going as Sia, here's what you need: some sort of black and white outfit, the iconic two-toned wig, and a gigantic bow.

If you're going as the dancer, here's what you need: the same wig (just not covering your eyes), and a black or nude leotard.

4. Shane Dawson

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVhgLUjiDb/?taken-by=shanedawson

Whether you like him or not, Shane's been making waves over on YouTube, starting with his series on Grav3yard Girl, then skyrocketing onto the trending page with his tell-all piece about Jeffree Star.

Here's what you need: some drawn-on scruff, his pig shirt, some black jeans (or black gym shorts), black tennis shoes, and a shaggy-haired wig. Then you're the king of conspiracies himself!

(Bonus points if you walk around saying "me" to everything.)

5. Steve Harrington

https://www.instagram.com/leeroytheartist/

Everybody's favorite babysitter. Even though this season came out a full year ago (mind boggling, I know), Stranger Things still has a massive hype train behind it, and the Halloween feel of the show really sets it up to be a great inspiration for costumes! A super easy one from the show would definitely be Steve with his baseball bat.

What you need: A baseball bat (with or without nails would work, honestly), fluffy brown hair/wig, a backpack, a navy blue shirt, a denim jacket, sneakers and some blue jeans. Super easy, and super recognizable.

6. Infinity Gauntlet

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn62dH9lMp7/?taken-by=davidfdz

You already know that there are going to be a ton of Infinity War related costumes this year. The movie was a crazy success, (well, if you count box office sales and not the millions of broken hearts it left in it's wake) so why not go as the real bad guy: the infinity gauntlet itself?

You definitely don't have to do anything too fancy, either.

What you need: gold outfit (dress, or t-shirt and shorts), a "gem" in every color (honestly, you could DIY this with some hot glue and cardboard), and gold shoes. That's it!

7. Finn the Human

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4whGjAfby/?taken-by=yourfaveisadumbass

I'll end this list on a sad note by bringing up the fact that the long-running television series, Adventure Time, came to a close this year. While it was sad to see it go, it was awesome to see the number of people who still have a special place in their heart for the series. That's why going as Finn this year for Halloween would be both nostalgic, and "mathematical!"

What you'll need: A blue shirt, blue shorts, white socks, black shoes, a green backpack, and Finn's iconic hat. An optional addition would be his sword, too, which you can still buy at Walmart!

SO awesome at any party this Halloween season! I love how simple they are, and how cute the end look can be! If you have any other awesome costume looks that'll slay this Halloween, or you try out any of these, be sure to let me know!