Places I've Been And Lessons I've Learned

Places I've Been And The Lessons I've Learned

Home isn't always a physical place. Home can be where you feel most comfortable and where you feel you belong.

34
personal photo

Home isn't always a physical place. Home can be where you feel most comfortable and where you feel you belong. There are several places that I have been too that I consider home. Here are a few and maybe some that just have really stayed with me over the years as places to remember. These are the places I can bring my kids when I get older and show them how beautiful the world really is.

1. Hiram, Maine

#senic #beautiful

Hiram, Maine will always have a special place in my heart. For as long as I remember my family has been vacationing here every summer. There is so much to explore and love, there is no cellphone reception where we go so it's nice to just sit back and relax and reflect on life. Maine has taught me to value friendships and relationships.

2. Acadia National Park

#nationalpark

Acadia National Park beautiful and life changing. If you haven't been to a National Park you should at least once in your life. Exploring the paths and hiking up to the top was beautiful. Yes it was challenging but would I do it again absolutely. I learned to face my fears when it came to heights and to enjoy nature.

3. White Mountain National Forest

#nationalforest

My friend had already been to the White Mountain National Forest so she knew the way and the trails with the best views. Me being kind of skeptical was hesitant but thankfully I went because if I decided not to I would have missed out on this beautiful site. We also ventured through Franconia Notch which was again amazing. The lesson here was never doubt someone who says just a little further the view is amazing.

4. Disney World

#disney

C'mon its Disney need I say more. This picture was taken my first trip to Disney World I still can't get over it. This is truly a magical place. This is the place where children's imagination can run wild and adults can become children and fall in love with the magic of Disney all over again. Disney has taught me that no matter how old you are you are always going to be a child inside when it comes to Disney World.

5. Dollywood, Tennessee

#dollywood

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/57/c1/f2/57c1f2fd74da64b6a7cb43f8f86460fe--tennessee-vacation-gatlinburg-tennessee.jpg

Dollywood was an amusement park I went to a while back with my church. It had to be about 110 degrees and we were all running for the water park portion. It was crazy everyone was scrambling to get to the water park or any kind of sprinkler that were placed around for children to stay cool. We had all just spent about sixteen hours on a bus to get the Crown College where we would be staying for the week. All we wanted to do was sleep and go on rides. Being from Rhode Island we never really had this type of weather. Man it was hot the lesson for this one is short and simple wear sunscreen and always find shade where you can. I feel like I learned the hard way by getting a pretty nice sunburn.

6. Coventry, Rhode Island

#Rhode Island

This is the town I call home. The one where all my friends and family are from. This town has a lot of my love and my memories. learning how to swim, ride a horse, meet my best friend, love, cry are several of the things that Rhode Island has taught me. I wouldn't be the person I am today without it but most importantly the people in it have made the biggest impact on my life and I will love them forever.

7. The Mishnock Barn

#mishnockbarn

The Mishnock Barn is a place where you can be yourself without being judged. This is also a place where I am starting to open up and get out of my comfort zone. It's scary at first because you are dancing with others who have been going for years but no one judges you they all help you if you mess up. The picture above is me and my best friend Halie who actually introduced me to the barn and I am really glad she did.

8. Buttonwood Farm

#sunflowers

Buttonwood Farm this place is amazing. It's filled with beautiful sunflowers and cows that you can feed and pet. This is an awesome place for photography opportunities. This is me in the photo and I have to tell you im usually the one behind the camera so this was all new to me when it came to modeling. Although this did cost money to go through I learned that moments like this are hard to find and that if we are glued to our phones we will miss these kind of opportunities and they may never come around again.