5 Places To Visit In South America

5 Trips You Need To Take In South America

If you love food, culture, colorful streets, rich history, and kind people South America should be the next stop on our bucket list.

65

I have always longed to see the world. South America is full of gorgeous mountains, waterfalls, diverse foods, amazing city skylines, and an incredible history. This continent just south of us holds many of our world's most beautiful gems. Being able to see any of these places would be a worthwhile trip for anyone. Whether you want to eat street food in Colombia, take a picture at the salt flats in Bolivia, or any other of the beautiful cities in South America has something for everyone.

1. Macho Picchu , Peru

Macho Picchu , Peru

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickandtom/2152224257/in/photolist-4hbHhM-oaJgC8-zxgb3-atNm1Y-7AyS49-s6yzYP-ZwnUgB-oD1smf-2dfqxWZ-zetExS-2eG8X5u-D1hgaJ-24aj2WF-9AERdf-JYLcvc-2eLKzZB-g6o7q7-2eLKADx-5acQMr-aziy41-2b6ws3t-4KaELz-9z96ms-zRStG-2eLKAjK-TUh5m5-fNPJ4d-28jRbMQ-e6xnPR-eiotbm-cfZSoo-g6nrua-byzwXp-2dENGxY-dxZqNG-3kEMWq-2e32wZV-21GUezC-dudVV1-2ay7QHG-nRmhRQ-o25vAP-4u619i-8fmAhj-h9Fy2C-RRryGW-d1XkfA-8XWE5W-23UJ9sN-aZQKq

This majestic Incan city has survived thousands of years for you to go and marvel at its beauty. Along with the architectural phenomenon, it is Machu Picchu also houses llamas that would love a photo with you.

2. Buenos Aires , Argentina

Streets of La Boca

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zeiger/4395576321/in/photolist-7GqtGD-r3BvMU-qmXfWZ-8fis7d-81wMZN-8THZvF-bA8MNZ-oX9WU8-rpr2dZ-bnmGqn-aFL2pk-afkgQx-chQWj3-6mBkDa-7N1d6F-bPoBUe-6dnW3j-9nZydQ-7wRY1r-98nTka-81tZ5F-fLFYLa-egCXM-dNrikk-nhsfmL-5BzV8L-Sq7T6C-KWty36-nUiknV-8qEpfD-o6cKNB-hHQzN4-55vZma-7EqBV4-9v69UQ-8M9G2p-7ftNLQ-bB1nDY-8fgYkA-81xhVw-jGz9hA-5fNa3s-akcPt8-S5xo2-aAkdfG-51ZtbF-e1c1jr-cX3cnb-PxxHT-8xhTQq

La Boca is a barrio or neighborhood in Buenos Aire where the streets are lined with color and life. While here dance the tango, eat Carne Asado in the world's best steakhouses, and walk up and down the streets of the beautiful neighborhood.

3. Salt Flat , Bolivia

Bolivian Salt Flat

https://www.flickr.com/photos/palnick/8734453537/in/photolist-eiQmJv-dnQ2eT-2bJTKMo-kQyB3-paYG1e-eiW6wo-24HWm1V-iKWXFk-6cX1et-bBegDK-pTndLL-7CFwFk-3KeQfA-dgkXqr-26FDCoR-gE2Xua-5pwV3Z-do252x-5W8KMm-9FJaq-ay5Fnd-qa7H2g-rk7avz-egTqAW-bj6syv-VMM16b-dRyW5D-rjb53u-jD9uWS-d7W61u-neLPHd-ddhNtR-RMvyzf-nKi77h-X6bFgN-o89BfR-eiW731-NW7b6p-nt3oiw-bfZEaX-9FNQAP-g8CSM-ou53Eu-cPWSkU-dAG3va-5q5qAH-t5NnCS-oD4BTD-aLLA26-364nao

For the photographers of the group, this is the best destination to see. The salt flats reflect the light and demonstrate nature's true beauty. The largest flat is named Salar de Uyuni located in the southwest corner of Bolivia near the Andes Mountains. While this trip does take a bit of a journey to reach it is worth it!!!

4. Medellin , Colombia

Skyline of Medellin

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pris63/29472737701/in/photolist-LUpu72-6NUqxF-Mrmmi6-QVRBVK-N2hhgD-HAJMDZ-D33GLz-Y8zHxE-M1dqBn-Qo1cpK-GzLy5y-Rec5YU-Pkn83x-MBEeZJ-L5WL4i-M3dRWo-cq4XUJ-8y3jYY-d6EhQE-maDUNb-LopYqM-UqTjxc-L1qAQf-KVofgW-K8mwZn-LKfx9Z-KuATXw-SA2uAj-SZ1DHo-MpqbCi-MwANXw-2cu4UNK-DZLyDB-KAmjgV-KmRcFr-2cpLEXq-24H1nd9-LsiB96-2dE1Uty-275sLFR-Ke1mMU-Eq9LJo-YbMRuW-XUEwPN-21sM8zy-T1Hng7-24cikEM-KGwoXd-xBbM5L-B3Ckw

Colombia is home to many things like arepas or dancing and those things thrive in Medellin. Medellin is also full of beautiful street art and one of the most popular things to do is go shopping in the San Alejo market. Medellin is a place where you go to experience the rich culture of Colombia.

5. Easter Island , Chile

Easter Island , Chile

https://www.flickr.com/photos/christian-bobadilla/15124736605/in/photolist-p3wefM-5RGLpS-sbDSwb-WppCHu-7gjWog-hRBYKp-dz4vhy-e6Vwku-kQF9HZ-nwDVXJ-nh6m93-nh6fzW-4GaKNw-5qpn3P-nh65Nc-9zYNUF-nAmFeH-nh3vun-9zSdov-nh61Yg-9A22YJ-nh6bdF-W6HaDN-nyhKyx-9zKgvZ-nyhSrR-nys1k9-VH6Qtz-nyHit9-9aJ5dZ-UQWWaf-nh5rFW-nyHGMK-fFFtRH-TNSihU-nh54iZ-nh68BY-W4QKRs-nAmvjx-dYmhRK-VH7fja-j9qWLE-dYsc5w-dYs7Nh-VDS8rj-nhcYi5-VDTgcY-brTTuR-f2c8iN-4EAKJC

Easter Island is full of mystery and adventure. This small island off the coast of Chile has called people to visit it for years. The island has surfing, snorkeling, and many other ecotourist sites, but what could be more fun than a selfie with these mystical heads.