5 Places I'm Dying To Travel To

5 Places I'm Dying To Travel To

So many countries, not enough time.

16
5 Places I'm Dying To Travel To

I would call myself a pretty avid traveler. My first plane ride was at three months old, and from that point on I've been taking buses, planes and trains to get to all of the cool and wild destinations I've dreamed about going to. Although I've traveled to so many different places already, the world is a place that needs to be explored, and I for one feel the need to take on the adventure.

Here's a list of the top five places I'm dying to travel to:

1. Japan

Japan, to me, is one of the coolest places in the world. The culture is so different from that in the United States which makes traveling there all the more exciting. From the nonstop shopping at Shibuya 109 and Akihabara to going to cultural festivals such as the Cherry Blossom festival, there are always things to do no matter what time of year you go. The food is also something I've been dying to try. It's hard to find real Japanese snacks in the states, but the ones you can find make it harder to live without them in constant stock. The foundation sits on with sacred shrines and ancient traditions that have fascinated me for years. Going to Japan would be such an amazing experience and pull me directly out of the comfort zone I've always known.

2. Australia

I've been fascinated with Australia since I was about five years old. We did a project on the country in my Kindergarten class and from that day forth I was obsessed. The unique wildlife and environment are two things you can't experience anywhere else. Sure, there are kangaroos in the United States, but it doesn't even compare to the Roadrunners, koalas, wombats, and platypuses (and all of the cool reptile as well!) they have there. Land animals are cool, but beyond the surface shows the underwater kingdom of the Great Barrier Reef. Thousands of species inhabit the colorful corals, making it one of the seven natural wonders of the world without question. They also have amazing buildings such as the Sydney Opera House, and even if I couldn't see anyone perform there, going and seeing the outside would be worth the long plane ride.

3. Iceland

Although it's pretty far north and my body can't handle the cold, there are too many things to do in Iceland that make the cold worth withstanding. Ever since I was little I've wanted to see the Northern Lights and Iceland is a perfects spot to see them in. They have a wide span of nature to see, such as the mountains, volcanos, and lakes that up a lot of the country. Not only that, but they have a National Park in Iceland called Vatnajokull which is the largest glacier in Europe. As someone who travels to national parks, I would love to see some out of the US. Their food is also a lot different from that in the United States and it's just a really interesting place you don't hear a lot about. It's a country that's totally worth the adventure.

4. Peru

I've really taken a love to Spanish culture over the past couple of years, so traveling to South America is kind of a given. Peru has been a country that's fascinated me for a while, the modern country with historical architecture. Going outdoors is obviously a given. Taking the long trip up to visit Machu Picchu and admire the historical sanctuary that still remains there today after so many years (and of course get the chance to hang out with a couple of llamas too). There's also the other mountains and valleys as well as lagoons nearby which allow for yet another scenic adventure without as high of an altitude. Even if history really isn't something I enjoy, I appreciate the nature and the outdoors that we have today, and being able to visit Peru would check every kind of outdoor setting you can imagine.

5. Cuba

Now that the travel ban has been lifted off of Cuba, going there is more of a reality than a dream. Being trapped away from the rest of the world for so many years allowed them to create a diverse culture of their own, the modern day appliances that we all know and love today being something so foreign to them. I think we all see Cuba as a country with old fashioned cars and cigars, but it's so much more than that. Their culture is something so unique and different compared to any other Spanish-speaking country. I'd love to be able to go before they get swept back up into the modern world and busy times that seem to take over our lives. The laid back atmosphere they give off is something I'd love to see in addition to the colorful streets and beaches. In total, now that I have the chance, I really have no reason to not try to travel there.

In general, I would love to travel to every country in the world. Even if airfare is ridiculously expensive and sometimes the costs seem to outweigh everything else, it's really worth it. Some of the places I'm dying to see might not be here in the next fifty years due to the human agenda and it's really quite sad. One day, I hope I'll be able to say I've checked all of these countries off my bucket list and I'll have five more to try to travel to next.