7 Places To Visit Within Walking Distance Of SCU

.

Santa Clara Farmers' Market

This is one of my favorite things to do on Saturdays! From 9 am to 1 pm, head on over to Franklin Square for live music, good food, and tons of organic fruits and veggies. Pro Tip: The breakfast burritos are to die for!

De Saisset Museum

Love art? Well, we have a wonderful gallery right on campus! The museum holds tons of exhibits, from photography to painting to sculpture. Plus, they have a California History exhibit that is permanent, so you can always go see it!

Beat the Lock Escape Room

Ever been to an escape room? Now's your chance! Franklin Square has an awesome escape room that you and your friends can do. Can you beat the lock?

Carmelite Monastery and Garden

If you're looking for somewhere to study, read a book, or just lay down and enjoy the weather, this is one of the most beautiful gardens in Santa Clara. It is encased in a big pink wall, so you don't have to worry about street noise! Perfect for a day in the sun.

Sara's Kitchen

Brunch is my favorite meal, which is why I have spent a lot of time trying to find the best brunch spot in Santa Clara. Well, I am pleased to tell you that I've found it. Sara's Kitchen has good service, and even better food! (S/O to Sara's omelets, I dream about those things)

Jasmine Fine Thai Cuisine

Honestly, Franklin Square has some overlooked gems. If you're looking for the best Thai food in Santa Clara, look no further! Jasmine has awesome food and service, and it isn't too hard on the wallet. The best combination for a college student!

City Plaza Park

If you want a place off-campus to play frisbee or lay in the grass, this is the place! It's a small park a couple blocks away (that also has a library!). The perfect place to get away from the SCU bubble.