Sorry, But Pineapple DOES Belong On Pizza

Science even supports pineapple on pizza.

1286
Today

If you are reading this, you are one of two types of people: you either love pineapple on your pizza, or you think that it is absurd that the two should never mix. If you are for pineapple on pizza, then I would like to thank you for being on the correct team. If you are against pineapple on pizza, then I would like to apologize for your poor taste in pizza. I would also like to convince you why pineapple and pizza are the most iconic duo known to mankind.

Pineapple and pizza are two polar opposites: but as they say, opposites attract. The saltiness from the pizza and sweetness of the pineapple mix together in an unimaginable combination. If you hate pineapple on your pizza, then you better also hate chocolate-covered pretzels, deep-fried ice cream, caramel popcorn, Wendy's Frosty-covered fries, trail mix, crunchy PB&J sandwiches, chicken and waffles, margaritas, candied nuts, watermelon/strawberry feta salads, anything salted-caramel, sweet potato fries, and coconut shrimp, because it is the exact same concept. I do not understand why pineapple on pizza is such a huge controversy, meanwhile all of these other foods are completely acceptable.

On top of it being downright yummy, it also adds nutrients to your meal. Rather than just having carbs, vegetables, and dairy, you can add a serving of fruit to your meal. Just one cup of pineapple has over 100% of your daily needs of Vitamin C, so you can give your immune system a boost while chowing down. There is a reason why pineapple pizza lovers are healthier!

Not to mention that the pineapple cools down your mouth so you can enjoy your pizza to the full extent. Of course, the pineapple is warm, but it is not burning hot like other toppings. It is just warm enough so there is not an insane warm to cold contrast, but it is cold enough so you do not burn your mouth on the pineapple. If your pizza is full of pineapples, then the roof of your mouth will be saved from one of those dreaded cheese burns.

I lastly have a question for you pineapple pizza haters: why is ham okay on pizza, but pineapple isn't? There is a Hawaiian pizza for a reason! Getting ham on your pizza without the pineapple to compliment it completely ruins the name of Hawaiian pizza. It's like buying an iPhone without the charger.

I am begging you pineapple pizza haters to please reconsider. At the very least, please stop making embarrassing memes about us pineapple pizza enthusiasts. We are extremely logical in our pizza choices, and we hope that one day you will finally join our team. Together, we can stop the war on pineapple pizza.