Concert tickets

7 Emotional Phases We All Encounter Before, During, And After Concerts

Post-Concert Depression? Yeah, it's real.

33
Amanda Brennan

If you're like me, you love a good concert. Nothing compares to the feeling you get when you hear one of your favorite songs being performed live, right in front of you, sung by the artists you only dream to win meet-and-greets with one day. At the multiple concerts I have been to, here are some emotions I have gone through, and I know everyone around me has too.

Buying the tickets

Happy

Happy, happy, happy—even though the concert is anywhere from three months to even 12 months in advance! You enter the concert date in your favorite "countdown" app on your phone to start counting down the days. You may even post about it on your Snapchat story—besides, maybe a friend who sees the post is planning to go too!

A month or two before

*Listens to singer you're seeing in concert and that singer only* Even though you already know every word to every song, it's better to practice more and get yourself pumped up for one of the best nights ever!!

Two weeks before

Shopping

*Raids closet for a cute outfit that isn't on your Instagram yet* Let's be honest, even if you have an all-time favorite outfit that is perfect for the night, it's worth repeating—we know you have a washing machine! Although, a little shopping never hurt, so go ahead and hit the shops to find a new look for the concert you've been waiting for!

Day of

Wake up and do life as normal until the time comes to get ready for your evening of fun, music, and memories! Get your hair ready, put on a cute shirt and go, go, go! At this point, you are overflowing with excitement and joy as you get in the car and head to the venue.

During the concert

The time has come, the moment you've been waiting for. Peak excitement levels hit when the performer enters the stage. Excitement has taken over and you find yourself thinking, "Wow, I can't believe they are actually real—and we are in the same building, the same ROOM!"

During the encore performance

You're singing every word to the final song and taking in every last moment. When the performer screams "THANK YOU, CHICAGO!!" (or whatever city you are in) you'll start to beg them to come back on stage to sing "just one more."

Hours after the final song has been sung

Post-Concert Depression has hit. When you find yourself sitting in your room going through videos of the night, all you want to do is relive it again and again. Bonus sad points if you had to watch the concert get rained out and end early (hence the photo above).

Truly, concerts allow you to have the time of your life. When an artist or band announces a new tour, I am stoked to get onto TicketMaster to get the best seats, and I know others are too!