5 Phases Of Coming Home For The Holidays

We all go through them, even if we don't realize it.

52
Heidelberg

Phase One: Overwhelming Excitement

Real shower? Real food? Real bed? The excitement can't be contained for how happy you are to have all the amenities associated with being home.

Phase Two: The I Love Yous

I love you mom, I love you sister, I love you, dad, I love you dog, I love you bed, I love you lamp. Feeling extra sentimental after being away from home, and then getting a taste of everything you've been missing.

Phase Three: Adjustment Period

Wait, so mom wants you to get up before noon? And make your bed every morning? Time to adjust to doing things you never do up at school because your mom thinks they're absolutely necessary.

Phase Four: Hidden Anger

No, I do not have a boyfriend. Nope, not on the honor roll. Now for the process of stuffing all your anger inside from those stupid questions asked 10 times, and your mom still treating you as if you're in high school.

Phase Five: Almost there

3 days left, you can do it!! By the end of winter vacation most of us are ready to get back to our normal schedules and parent free atmosphere.