"Peter And The Starcatcher" Comes To Bloomington This Fall

'Peter and the starcatcher' is coming to central Illinois this fall, and i am stoked

For a night of creative and intelligent theatre, this is the show for you.

186

If you love Peter Pan, then you should absolutely jump into the imaginative world of "Peter and the Starcatcher" this fall at Community Players Theatre in Bloomington. This September, I get an incredible opportunity to play Molly Aster in the play "Peter and the Starcatcher"! I am beyond excited to be a part of the production, and if you have a chance you should definitely check it out!

Based on the novel "Peter and the Starcatchers" by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson and adapted for the stage by Rick Elice, the play follows the story of a young orphan and how he comes to be Peter Pan. Without giving too much away, the story begins with a group of orphan friends meets Molly Aster on a ship on their way from England to the island of Rundoon. They work together to prevent a magical substance called starstuff from falling into the wrong hands. Black Stache is the villain in the story and attempts to take control of the substance. The play is a comical and creative story for those who love adventurous fairy tales. You may even find out how all of the characters from "Peter Pan" come to exist!

Our production is stacked with a stellar cast of 11 men and one woman (me). I can't wait to dive deep into the rehearsal process. Led by fearless director Brian Artman, this group of people is sure to create a special experience and see Artman's vision through! There will be fantastic stunts and intricate movement on stage. It's very much an ensemble show, so everyone has a hand in helping create the story.

Attending this production would be the perfect night out for a family. The humor is clever and the story has a lot of heart. It is my first opportunity to get involved with Community Players Theatre, and I already see that it's an important space where people in the community can come together to create beautiful theatre. It is one of the oldest community theatres in the nation completely staffed by volunteers. The first production through Community Players was produced in 1923. The first show that took place in its current location was "Death of a Salesman" in 1962. Community Players produces several productions a year, so there are plenty of opportunities to see local live theatre.

People should always support local live theatre. Local theatre is a crown jewel in the central Illinois area. It gives people an opportunity to express themselves, find a home, find family, and share art. There is nothing I want to be a part of more.

"Peter and the Starcatcher" runs from September 7 through 9 and 14 through 16 at Community Players Theatre in Bloomington, Illinois. Community Players is located at 201 N. Robinhood Lane. Tickets are $7.00 for children, $13 for seniors, and $15.00 for adults. Tickets can be purchased here. Can't wait to have you join us for this thrilling tale.