A Letter To The Person Who Doesn't See Potential In Me
Wellbeing

I know at the end of the day I am strong, courageous, brave, smart, loving, trustworthy, and honest. I will never become who you have become, I am stronger.

132

No matter how hard I have tried to show you I can accomplish any task you set before me you find faults in what I am doing. You chose to critique my every move. You hardly ever give me a compliment for helping you or completing what you would like me to do. This has been extremely difficult. I try and try day in and day out to think of ways the please you. It is honestly the most exhausting thing I have been through in a while. I am unsure how much more effort I can give towards trying to figure out a way to make you happy.

So I am done being the ginny pig for your critiquing, narcissistic comments. I am not going to put forth any more effort towards being who you want me to be. I am going to be who I want to be. I refuse to give you any more satisfaction. I will not react to your comments. I will not spend countless hours replaying and trying to be a different person. I refuse to do this. I deserve better. Whatever relationship you call this will remain the same unless you are able to notice in yourself what you are doing. Which I will not hold my breath for because there is no way you will be able to look past your own thoughts to empathize with mine.

Regardless of who you think I am. I know at the end of the day I am strong, courageous, brave, smart, loving, trustworthy, and honest. I will never become who you have become, I am stronger. I refuse to put people down and make them squirm. Life is more than your opinion and criticism. I hope one day you will be able to see the potential in me that a lot of others do. Until then I truly wish you the very best.