The Perks of Being Single

The Perks of Being Single

Why it's not what you think it seems.

2
Your Tango

Some people really don’t want to be single, while others LOVE being single. Either way, there are so many advantages to dating yourself. For one thing, the only person you have to look after is yourself. A single person can make their own decisions, without feeling it is going to affect a significant other.

Other perks of being single are:

• If you’ve recently gone through a breakup, single time can help you heal: Spending time alone can help you discover a new perspective on your last relationship, or relationships in general. You learn what you want and don’t want in a relationship.
  • You can work on your health more: Since there are no distractions in the way, you can make the decision to work on your health, such as exercising and eating right.
  • You obtain total independence: You can walk the path you want, without anyone standing in the way of it. Examples are working towards a new job or career, or do an incredible thing that is not done often, such as climbing Mt. Everest.
  • You can date with no attachments: When you’re single, you can meet new people and go out knowing that it will just be casual. This is as long as the other person is on the same page.
  • You can have fun all by yourself: Apart from going out with friends or dating, you can go out by yourself. You can go dancing, go to the movies, or stay home and read a book. The possibilities are endless.
  • You don’t have to rush into another relationship: When you’re single, you can choose whether you want to get into another relationship or not. There’s no pressure or expectations.
  • You can spend time with pets more: You can cuddle with your cat or dog, or watch Netflix and eat brownies with them (whichever food you like, it doesn’t matter).
  • Confidence increases: Being single teaches a person to be self-reliant, which in turn can help increase confidence, since things are done on his/her own.
  • You accept and possibly forgive the person who hurt you: After being single for a while, you learn to accept the breakup, and possibly forgive the person who hurt you, since life is in balance and moving forward.
  • You can study potential partners: If you’re single and looking for a person to have a relationship with, you can study people you may like, even before you strike a friendship with them. This goes back to knowing what you want and don’t want in a relationship. It will make it easier to get to know someone, since they wouldn’t put on a front or a good first impression.

So, this was all I could think of. If I am missing something, feel free to comment.

P.S. Loving yourself is all that matters.