Don't Eat Like Sh*t And 8 Other Ways To Get A Perfect Summer Bod Like Mine
popular

No but seriously... get up and get your butt to the gym!

95735
Macey Mullins

Moms, dads, boys, girls and, most importantly, college students: summer body season is approaching us. As much as we have it set in our (un)determined minds, we are going to get that summer bod before we hit the beach.

So, take my advice and lets rock n' roll.

1. Drink water

I can't stress this enough... drop the soda and sweet tea, and start drinking water all day every day.

2. Go to the gym 5-6 days a week

As most of you have experienced, going to the gym and staying IN the gym is hard... but as soon as you go for a week or two straight, you won't want to stop going.

Here's a little workout to get you started.

Day 1: Back

Run 1 mile (inside or outside)

Pull-ups (5 sets: 3, 3, 2, 2, 1)

Straight arm pull down (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Shoulder shrugs (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

V-bar pulldowns (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Day 2: Legs

Run 1 mile (inside or outside)

Barbell full squat (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Leg press (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Seated leg curl (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Leg extensions (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Standing calf raises (4 sets; 8-10 reps)

Step ups with dumbells (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Donkey kicks (4 sets, 15 reps)

Day 3: Arms/Abs

Preacher curl (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Hammer curls (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Decline EZ bar Tri-Extension (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Crunches (4 sets: 25 reps)

Flat bench lying leg raise (4 sets: 25 reps)

Cable crunch (3 sets: 10-12 reps)

Planks (front, left, right: complete 3 sets on each side until failure)

Day 4: Rest!!!

Day 5: Chest

Incline dumbbell press (3 sets: 8-10 reps)

Decline dumbbell bench press (3 sets: 8-10 reps)

Dumbbell flies (3 sets: 8-10 reps)

Cable Crossover (3 sets: 8-10 reps)

Run a mile+

Day 6: Shoulders/Abs

Upright barbell (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Front dumbbell raise (4 sets: 8-10 reps)

Russian twists (4 sets: 25 reps with weighted medicine ball)

Opposite arm and leg raise (4 sets: 25 reps)

V-ups (4 sets: 25 reps)

Day 7: Rest!!!

Remember, on your rest days you should do some cardio and drink plenty of water. If you don't know how to do something listed, look it up on YouTube.

3. Don't eat like sh*t

Instead of eating three bowls of fruity pebbles in the morning, eat a banana and a peanut butter sandwich. When you go to work, don't eat out on your lunch break! Pack a sandwich and some fruit. You don't need a cheat day! It isn't worth it. Stay away from the pizza and the candy, you can fill those cravings with baked chicken and yummy fruit!

4. Take pictures of your progress

Seeing your progress through pictures is more motivating than it seems! Post about it on social media, hype yourself up! I mean... you're kicking butt. You have the right to boast about it. ;)

5. Find a friend to take on this challenge with you

Personally, I like to workout alone... but having a friend to do this with you will make it fun! Not only are you getting a hot bod, but you're also making memories while you're at it!

6. Buy a new swimsuit and clothes to wear

To match your new hot bod of course.

7. Be confident!

Going to the gym isn't easy, and neither is dieting... but it will be well worth it! Before you know it, you'll be on the beach with tanned skin and a big booty.

8. Don't give up

This is the hardest part of the whole process. Even on your worst days, be sure to make it to the gym! You can do it. Find your inner bad b*tch and get it done.

9. Last but not least...

Do this for you! You deserve it more than you think. The healthier you are, the happier you are.

So screenshot the workout, share this article so your friends can get with the program, and head to the gym! The beach is waiting on you.