The Best 4 Tips And Tricks To Perfect Self-Care

It's one thing to be hygienic, but it's also important to pamper yourself

1167
Instagram

Everybody gets stressed out. The key to stress is how you deal with it. Self care is a super important part of your everyday lifestyle. I know I struggle with self care myself. There is a difference between being hygienic and going about your everyday life and just caring about yourself. There are a few things that I like to do to focus on my self care when I am feeling a little extra stressed or just need to unwind.

1. Face Masks

Face masks are God's gifts to the world. Whether you are a male or female, face masks are so soothing and so great for your skin. After wearing a nice face mask for about 10 minutes, I feel so refreshed and replenished. I like to do a pore strip for just my nose and then slap on a face mask sheet or peel off mask before bed.

It is so relaxing you can grab a book or just listen to music while you wait to remove the mask. There is just something so relaxing and stress relieving about face masks. I highly recommend you go out to your local Walmart or pharmacy and grab a few cheap face masks. Definitely worth it.

2. Take a bath

On top of doing a face mask you can take a bath. There is something so amazing about a nice hot bath with a bath bomb or some bubbles to freshen up your day. Light some candles, grab your laptop, and just lay in the tub and watch some Netflix. You can even grab a glass of wine to really make the night better.

I know a bath is not the ideal way of cleansing your body, but it is more about relaxing and taking time to care for yourself mentally and physically. You can get cheap bath bombs at Bath and Body Works or even just Walmart. Taking a bath is the best way to unwind after a long, stressful day.

3. Take a walk

Sometimes you just need some fresh air. The best way to clear your mind and just get away from everything and everyone is to take a walk outside. Even if it is just a quick stroll around campus or down your street it is nice to get outside for a little. I know when I am overworked and stressed out I need to just walk it out.

Taking a walk helps me just think about all the beautiful things around me and not worry about anything. It is a short escape from reality, but definitely a big help. It is a fast and easy way to get some exercise and clear your mind of any worries or struggles.

4. Take a nap

After class or a long day it is nice to just lay down and nap. Set an alarm for 30 minutes to an hour and just drift off. A nap will help you just wind down and give you a break from everything. I know sometimes it feels like you are just wasting time, but that is why you set an alarm for just a short amount of time.

It will refresh your mind and give you a little boost of energy to finish your day. I love napping because I can just replenish myself and get away from everyone. It is a nice self care activity to just treat yourself to a relaxing activity after a hard day.

There are many other ways to self-care, but these are the four that I do the most frequently. Self-care is super important and is vital to keeping your mental health in check. Without self-care I know I would not be as upbeat and happy.

I need to unwind and just think of myself for a while and these are the methods I like to use to do that. Find what you like and what you enjoy and do it. Do not hold back from making yourself happy.