5 people I want to say thank you to

5 Kinds Of People In My Life That I Am Grateful For

Christmas is just around the corner, make sure to include thanks on your shopping list.

aamiramo
aamiramo
23

It's that time of year again! Time for lights, gifts, snow, holiday parties, but the most important of all: family. Through special times like these, there is nothing better than spending it with those you love. They are there every other day of the year, but during the holidays is when you truly get to enjoy their presence and give back to them for all that they have done for you. Sometimes giving a material present isn't possible, but just being there is more than enough.

1. My Mom and Dad

personal photo

You two are the best. Never in my life have I felt alone knowing that I have you two in my corner. It doesn't matter whether if we are 200 miles away or 2 feet away, I always know you are just a facetime call away. You guys are my loudest and most supportive fans. Thank you for always putting our family first, I love you guys.

2. My siblings

personal photo

The three of you never fail to make me laugh or put a smile on my face. I enjoy the all the calls for help with homework and to inform me of your day at school. I am always down for runs out to get ice cream and French fries. I might be a little bossy and overprotective, but it's because I love you.

3. My friends

personal photo

You know who you are. The time I spend with all of you is what I cherish most. From parties on Wednesday nights to staying in on Fridays to watch Netflix to night shifts at the hockey rink, all of these remind of the unwavering support and love you guys give me. No matter where or when I will always be there for you guys with open arms. I have no idea how you guys put up with me, but I'm thankful that you guys somehow find the strength to do it.

4. My roommates

www.youtube.com

It's been a fun time. I know I am not a very social person and a very awkward person, but I thank you guys for being so nice to let me live with you guys. At times it may seem like I don't want to talk to you guys, but it's because I don't know what to say (I'm horrible at having conversations). Again, thank you for being so inviting and nice, I appreciate it more than you know.

5. Those people on the street that smile back

You know those people who smile at you for no reason and you just feel the need to smile back, that's who I am talking about. I may not know who they are but the fact that they just put a small amount of effort to smile and make someone's day makes them all the more important. I know when I am feeling sad, a smile from a nice person makes me feel like maybe the world isn't so bad.

So there is my letter of appreciation to the people who have a part in my life, whether I mentioned you or not, everyone deserves to know that there is someone out there that cares. Go out and tell your loved ones that you are grateful for all their love and support, that is the greatest gift you could give to them.