People Come & Go And That's Okay

People Come & Go And That's Okay

A season, a Reason, or a Lifetime

601
People Come & Go And That's Okay
https://million-wallpapers.com/newTab/

Throughout the course of one's life, the average person meets approximately 10,000 people. Some of these initial introductions turn into something much greater, and others don't. Greater may refer to meeting the love of your life, a long lost relative, or a friend. Thus being said just as any relationship, friendships come and go. And here is why I'm okay with that.

Someone once told me, "People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime."

Those who are here for a REASON, are usually put in place to help you through a tough time or vice versa. They are here to offer support and guidance when you may need it the most. And when their work is done, they leave.

Those who come into our lives for a SEASON, are put in place to help shape our thoughts and behaviors and make us apart of who we are today.

And last but not least, those who are here to stay a LIFETIME. These relationships teach you life lessons, and are the building blocks of our emotional connections.

After years of feeling abandoned, I have finally come to peace with this concept. At first I didn't understand how someone who claimed to have cared about me could just walk away, leave me to fend for myself.

But then it all clicked.

It is the cycle of life and it is absolutely necessary. Thinking back upon my own experiences, I would not change the friendships I have had in any way. Even if they ended abruptly, I'd like to conclude that each and every one has helped me grow temendously. Each and every one has been a step in unmasking the person I know today as my true self. I'd like to think that my mere presence has too, helped someone in some way along the path of their journey. The coming and going of individuals should be celebrated more often. After all, it just means their work in your life (or yours in theirs), is done. It's the cycle of life and love and I'm grateful for it.