Speaker Pelosi's Acts At The SOTU Were Disrespectful To The Citizens Of The United States

Americans deserve the respect of the Speaker of the House.

22
YouTube.com

The 2020 State of the Union Address was a celebration of America and the people who are her whole. Speaker Pelosi, however failed to show support and honor the thousands of men and women whose lives have been improved or honored through President Trump's address. By ripping up the State of the Union speech, you tore through the names of veterans, underprivileged children, and blue collar Americans.

Seven million people have been able to come off of food stamps, and ten million people have overcome welfare. Low income workers have enjoyed a 16% pay increase in the past four years, and median household incomes are at an all-time high. Is this cause for your disrespect, Speaker Pelosi?

Tony Rankin is a United States veteran, from Cincinnati who overcame drug addiction, and became a master tradesman who is now pouring investments into underprivileged areas. Charles McGee, A Tuskegee Airman was rightfully promoted to Brigadier General by President Trump. Janiyah Davis, a fourth grader from Philadelphia was presented an opportunity scholarship. Rush Limbaugh was presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Ellie Schneider, a two year child who survived a premature birth at twenty-one weeks was celebrated. The memory of Rocky Jones, a 51-year-old American killed by an illegal immigrant, was honored. The wife and son of army veteran Sergeant Chris Hake, a US soldier killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq, Kelly and Gage were honored. After a seven-month deployment, Sergeant Townsend Williams was reunited with his wife and children. Do these Americans deserve your disrespect, Speaker Pelosi?

You act may have been disrespectful to our President, but it was far more disrespectful to our nation and the people you supposedly represent. You showed no honor and no patriotism to our veterans, our workers, and those deployed overseas. The American people deserve your respect, Speaker. You owe us that much.