Do Patagonia's Tags Really Say 'Vote The Assholes Out'?
Currently

Patagonia Asks Us All To 'Vote The Assholes Out' To Save The Environment

Looks like I'm going to need some new shorts.

903

Since Patagonia's beginnings, the outdoor clothing and gear company has advocated for the environment. The company's founder, Yvon Chouinard, is known as the "pioneer of environmental activism" and to this day his company is in business to save the planet — our home. Since 1985, 1% of all sales go to the "preservation and restoration of the natural environment."

Clearly, Chouinard and his employees know what they are doing.

But although Patagonia and digital platform Patagonia Action Works are continuously spreading resources and petitions, providing volunteer opportunities for grassroots activists, and donating all that they can, the Earth's climate crisis demands our attention.

Patagonia has now continued the good fight against climate change deniers by adding a tag with the slogan "Vote The Assholes Out" to their 2020 Men's and Women's Regenerative Organic Stand-Up Shorts. Looks like I'm going to need to order some new shorts.

This is not the first time the slogan has been used by Patagonia. According to Mashable, Yvone Chouinard has been saying this for years as it "refers to politicians from any party who deny or disregard the climate crisis and ignore science, not because they aren't aware of it, but because their pockets are lined with money from oil and gas interests."

Patagonia has the social responsibility to stand by their public action, but It's on us to reclaim our planet. Unfortunately, there are people in power who think that climate change is "an expensive hoax." However, there is so much scientific evidence that proves the significant warming trend.

The science is real and it's time to vote for the people who will stand by our home, not against it.