Atlanta Passion City Church Pastor Calls Slavery "White Blessings" in Response to White Privilege Debate

With everything going on in the world, many of us are having conversations regarding race. We have all been open to people have questions and their views on life. However, there are some people who don't see the full picture of the situation and end up putting their foots in their mouths. These are one of these situations with this discussion.

Lecrae Louie Giglio "White Blessing" of slavery www.youtube.com

Atlanta Passion City Church Pastor Louis Giglio had a sit down discussion with Chick fila CEO Dan Cathy and christian rapper Lecrae about the current climate of the country right now. It then gets to Giglio, who's church is in the heart of Atlanta and has many black people in his congregation, saying how white privilege isn't really thing but it was really slavery was the white blessing that gave them privlege they have today. Cathy and Lecrae nod in agreeance with him and the clip went viral overnight and by morning everyone was pissed off.

ice cube wtf GIF Giphy

What Is It Reaction GIF Giphy

There's so much to unpack from this discussion. When you have a conversation about race and religion, you have to have the right words and know how they will be taken by others. What this man said insulted the 400 years african americans have endured in this country. First of all, Do we need to do a recap of slavery for you. Men, women, and children were sold like chattle, brought on a boat across the ocean where thousands of them died before even reaching land. They were then sold to the highest bidder and were beaten, tortured, raped, and murdered. This is just the cliff-notes, there's 400 years we still need to talk about.To say that it was a blessing to white people is kicking black people in the face.

So now we've gotten the apologies from all parties and here's what I'll say. Many people who are followers in Christ are on the "All Lives Matter" train where they see no color and don't want to have the uncomfortable conversation about race. This is the reason why black people can't sit under white pastors at churches. When we say "Black Lives Matter" we are saying the our lives matter as much as our white counter parts. All lives will not matter until black lives matter and we stop dying. All I know is that I will be eating Zaxby's as I will be part of the Chick-fila Boycott and attend my regular AME church.