Party In The USA!

Party In The USA!

Four Ways to Celebrate the Fourth!

6
Party In The USA!

Ah, Independence Day. A day to celebrate our great country and our freedom. In case you were unaware, June is almost over, and the Fourth of July is rapidly approaching, but if you were born in the USA, you have probably been waiting all year for this. It’s summer time, and there is nothing like spending the day enjoying a hot dog somewhere sunny and lighting sparklers at night. Why? Because you can! That is what being an American is all about! Our founding fathers made it possible for us to spend a day with family and friends celebrating what it means to be an American. How does one celebrate being an American? Glad you asked! Here are four basic ways to spend your Fourth this year.

1. Wear Red, White, and Blue.

This is probably the easiest way to show your support for our country. Whether it is a small flag pin or an Uncle Sam bucket hat, your outfit should reflect your patriotism. If you want to go all out and cover yourself head to toe in our nation’s colors, be my guest. Make my girl Betsy proud and rock those stars and stripes!

2. Food for Fourth.

Barbecues are a fun way to bring people together. Firing up the grill with friends and family is always a good time! I think we can all agree with Paulette in Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde that there is something about the Fourth of July that “makes us want a hot dog real bad.” Hamburgers and hot dogs are not the only traditional foods that we get to enjoy on the fourth. A sweet treat like a slice of apple pie topped with ice cream hits the spot because there really is nothing more American than apple pie (besides baseball).

3. Soak up some sun.

There is nothing more fun to do on the fourth than to spend some time outdoors. Take a vacation with your family to see the Grand Canyon, plan a hiking trip, or take a boat out on the water and spend the day treasuring our nation’s natural beauty. If nature is not your thing, spend a day relaxing by the pool! You don't even need to leave your backyard to enjoy this joyous holiday.

4. Watch a Firework Show.

Watching a firework show is the perfect way to end your Independence Day celebration. Fireworks pop in the starry sky, each one bigger than the next. To some they are beautiful and exciting, to others they can be romantic. It is a time to sit back and relax after a long day of festivities. It is a time to reflect on the fun day spent with family and friends and to appreciate our freedom to be able to celebrate a holiday like this.

So plan your patriotic attire and be free this fourth! Eat a burger and a slice of pie (or three); plan something fun outdoors, or find the perfect spot to watch fireworks. It is all right to be basic this Fourth of July, just be sure to post about how much fun you are having and how proud you are to be an American.