What I have learned from my first year at The University of Kentucky is that there are a few little things that are affordable and will change my college life for good. I was not prepared when I got there but now that I know what things would've helped me my first year, I am going to share them with you. If you don't know what you need for college and classes and you are freaking, read on, I might just have saved you.

1. Water Bottle

Decorate your bottle with stickers that show your personality.

VSCO

You won't believe how dehydrated a girl gets when learning about Statistics or Biology. It is so important to always have water on you at all times, especially when you are in an old lecture hall with no air conditioning. It doesn't have to be an expensive water bottle, just, something that will keep your water cold during the day.

Simple Modern 18oz Summit Water Bottle- $19.99 on Amazon and at Target

Hydro Flask 18 oz Wide Mouth Water Bottles- $19.99 on FlaskClubShop.com

Gatorade Squeeze 32oz Plastic Water Bottle- $5.99 at Target

2.Razor

Trust me, you are gonna need this one.

Zero Waster Choices

Not a cheap, 89 cent razor that you get 10 per pack. If I were you, I would buy a nice razor to keep during the year. It doesn't have to be a 20 dollar razor. I just bought a Flamingo Razor at my local Target for 9.99 and it is the best razor I have ever had.

Billie Razor Starter Kit-$9.99 from Billie

Flamingo Razor-$9.99 at Target

Vera Bradley + Venus Designer Women's Razor Handle + 2 Razor Blade Refills-$12.99 at Target

3. Planner

Make your planner cute with stickers, colored pens, and highlighters

VSCO

Don't even get me started on planners. Without a planner, I think I would have missed every advising meeting, professor meeting, and even those dinners that I plan with friends during the week. YOU NEED A PLANNER. It will keep you on track with homework assignments, projects coming up, exams, everything.

2019 Planner 11"x 8.5" White/Gold Diamond- $9.99 at Target

Erin Condren Starry Sky Personalized Academic Planner-$37.00 from Erin Condren

2019-2020 Blue Sky-$9.99 to 19.99 at Staples and Target

4. Heating Pad

The Heating pad can even be as cute as this Avocado

We both know what this is for. It is not a "maybe I should bring this to college." Girl, don't you dare forget your heating pad or you will be in pain during "that time of the month." Your mom is not going to be around to go fetch your heating pad so please, I beg you, do not forget to pack this.

Sunbeam Electric Heating Pad with UltraHeat Technology - $14.99 at Walmart

Conair Moist King-Size Heating Pad with Automatic Off- $19.99 at Walgreens

5. Tennis Skirt

Tennis Skirts can be any color and style. Just pick the one that fits you the best :)

TUMBLR

Look, I know it sounds basic to get a tennis skirt, even I thought that until I bought one. They are so comfortable. Plus, you can look cute going to that class you have with the cute guy from that frat you love. They are so much more flowy and COMFY than a pair now shorts.

Lululemon Women's Play Off The Pleats Skirt 13"-$48.00 to $68.00 in-store or online.

BCG Women's Tennis Skirt-$9.99 in-store or online at Academy Sports and Outdoors

Ideology Womens Tennis Mini Skort-$10.52 on Amazon

Literally, Walmart has cute tennis skirts for cheap.