Things to know about bunnies

9 Things You Will Get Used To When Owning A Bunny

They will make you work for their love, but it is so worth it.

877
Christine O'Malley

Who doesn't want an adorable bunny? I mean LOOK at those floppy ears. Everyone wants one until they do the research and realize the expenses and time bunnies demand. For those of you who are reading this article wondering if they should get a bunny, should know these things. Those of you who already have one, get ready to nod in agreement and laugh along with me.

1. The countless binkys

Bunnies bink when they are super happy and comfortable. They kick their legs in the air and do a big hop! How CUTE.

2. Random turds EVERYWHERE

When first buying a bunny they feel as though they need to mark their territory. They will poop every. single. where. Until they feel like it is known that it is now their territory. A plus side, is this does subside. You can also potty train your bunny to do their business in a litter box.

3. Licking

Like many animals, bunnies love the taste of your salty skin. Sometimes I will lay down on the ground with my bun and he will lick my leg for as long as I will let him. Just think of them as kisses!

4. The constant chewing

Your bun is going to chew anything it can get its hands on. So be sure to put many chew toys in their cage and to be cautious when you let them out to play.

5. Constantly keeping an eye out for possible toys

You can make your bun a ton of DIY toys. Carboard and different types of boxes are perfect toys to keep your bun active.

6. Begging

Find yourself enjoying a delicious crispy apple? Your bun wont let you forget that he/she too, would like to enjoy that apple.

7. Bunny cleaning face

Surprisingly, bunnies are very clean animals. They are constantly grooming themselves.

8. Chinning everything in sight

Bunnies are territorial animals that like to leave their scent on everything they can. They do this by rubbing their little chins on anything they can reach.

9. Demanding petting

My bun loves to be petted on his cheeks and head. He will demand to be petted by lifting and poking at my hand until I give him his pets.

Bunnies are wonderful pets for people who are willing to dedicate their time to such precious animals. They will make you work for their love, but it is so worth it.